A funny thing happened to me yesterday.

Does it have anything to do with the cigarette lighter and the priest?
Guardrail
Who told you about that? The lighter was for the votive candles, I swear, you know the hot wax dripping votive candles?

I remember when I first started working for Sysco, a guy that was hired with me remarked that he couldn't wait to be off probation so he could get the work shirts with the breast pockets in them. They are handy for holding invoices, cell phones, and they have that stitched part so your pen would stay to the one side. I agreed, I couldn't wait either, them shirts would be nice, I had been hanging my pen in my tee shirt near my throat.

Okay, I work Tuesday through Saturday. 9:30 am on Monday morning, the last day of my vacation I look at my phone and my supervisor has been calling and texting wondering where I was.
I'm on vacation.
That was last week and the week before.
The last time I checked I worked Tuesday through Saturday.
Oh

So after two weeks of sitting on my butt they had their revenge, I'm sure a supervisor must have had to run a route Monday because I was on vacation and that just won't do, they would get even with me for that.

So an excruciating 15 hour day Tuesday, two weeks will get you out of shape fast.

I lost my pen during the day. I don't use any pen, I use the Pilot G2 Gel pen, and I get a lot of complements from the customers, they cost about $2 each. Once you start writing with them you won't go back to the bic stick ten for a dollar variety. They are that much better. And many times, too many times the customer will distract me with something and I'll end up walking away without my pen, hmmmmmm.

So what a drag I got thirteen stops half of them it's been so long since I've been there I don't know what I'm doing, the other half I've never been to, 1034 cases 22.5k lbs most cases had to be lifted twice of course.

I lost my pen, to heck with it I carry a couple of spares, that's the kind of guy I am, I got extra bootlaces in case one of yours breaks.

But as I was leaving the stop, there it was on the floor. Thank you Jesus!

I'm trying not to let this day get me down but I end up running two hours behind, and seriously dragging my can you know how it is when you know help isn't coming and you force your every step despite the pain because there is no way out just through and I lose my pen again. I tell the customer that it was the second time today I lost it, she had to use her own. She offered me hers, so I would have one, but I refused, and I also refused to reach into my bag to get my spare, I was hurting that bad.

I just went without one for the rest of the day and at my last stop on my last trip up the ramp, I saw in a tear in the clear part of the vinyl curtain at the back of the trailer, and there hung my pen, it had somehow slipped from my pocket to the curtain during one of my trips through the curtain many stops earlier.

And I just know God was in up there in heaven laughing his ahem off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge fan of the G2's here, usually the 07 works the best won't tear into the invoices, lays down a very readable amount of ink, the seat belt used to snag mine from time to time, release the belt, pop out of the truck ,no pen, and the customers loved them, I used to tell that " I have them custom hand made for me in China".

Yeah, you just reminded me, many times the customer will borrow my pen to check in the order, no big deal, let's get this overwith. Then, they'll see an unfamiliar box and want to make sure it's the right stuff, so the open the box with my pen, just instinctively jam it into the tape and tear. This is okay to do with a regular ball point but it ruins the G2. It breaks the roller ball or something, and from then on every time you use it the first letter of the first word you write will have a big blob of ink on it. I give up, let them keep the ruined pen, hopefully it will stain their shirt.

And I get all like this:

[video=youtube_share;Cy0UpRIncYM]http://youtu.be/Cy0UpRIncYM[/video]