R&L | A Genuine Heartfelt Thank You

oneeightyfive

TB Lurker
Credits
By now each of you have received your annual Safety and Safe Driving Bonuses. I am curious how many have taken the time to thank the Roberts Family and R+L Carriers for those bonuses? It has been a tough couple of years, and by most accounts business is definitely on the upswing. If the employees provided some positive feedback to Wilmington, maybe, just maybe we could turn the corner and improve the morale that has been so bad lately.
I said Thank You, did you?

By now each of you have received your annual Safety and Safe Driving Bonuses. I am curious how many have taken the time to thank the Roberts Family and R+L Carriers for those bonuses? It has been a tough couple of years, and by most accounts business is definitely on the upswing. If the employees provided some positive feedback to Wilmington, maybe, just maybe we could turn the corner and improve the morale that has been so bad lately.
I said Thank You, did you?

i appreciate my bonus, and i thank them for it.
having said that, i earned it sir. as did everyone else who got it.
and the company IS DOING GOOD STILL because we have put 100% into our jobs and this company.
please dont take what i said the wrong way. im not attacking you or even saying you are incorrect. just putting my 2 pennies in

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed,with the lack of time and a half or a cost of living increase for 2 years and the fact that I was safe all year long I thank them for sending out the safety bonuses but I earned it as jules said.I will say thank you for the Christmas bonus however.

Did you also thank them for reducing your safety bonus in the coming years?

While I have always found it entertaining that an employee may get a "safe driver bonus" right along with his probation letter for speeding tickets, the new program is ill defined & a step backwards in my opinion.

they don't want good morale around here, this place is run by tyrants who just intimadate,threaten and lie. that is certainly what is going on in mil.

what new program ?????

I will not even attempt to rehash the ill defined penalty phases of our new safety bonus program.

I think it said "your safety bonus has been reduced to 200/6 months. If you do not get any speeding or DOT tickets then we may give you another $50. That is unless we figure out another reason to keep all the money due to some trumped up "incident" that may or may not have actually happened. Because you, as a commercial driver, have NO recourse because you ARE guilty. Commercial drivers are not accorded due process any longer. Welcome to the new 3rd class citizenship.

Ironically, If you do get some sort of ticket that reduces your safety bonus by the $50, you will still accrue the $25 longevity bonus.

Ok I too want to say thanks to the Roberts Family for giving me my safety bonus instead of giving us pride points and putting the money into the bonus checks of the YRC people we have hired to bring us down, but in a same note I hope they " the YRC people" got a good bonus check for figureing out how to take more money outa the drivers wallets and put it in the companies coffers, not that I am sour but rather pissed that we have always been told its the Drivers that made this company but now from the RL-YRC bunch we are told we are second class drivers who don't deserve the bonus checks that we have earned for the many years of safe driving or at least not all of it, Merry Christmas to all P.S. And as it has been said a thosand years ago "" It is easier for a camel to pass thru the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the gates of Heaven"" for he had to screw alota people to get that rich......

Not According to our TM the info he gave us was that next year we all start back to $4oo.00 and must go the full year without a chargable or we loose it, call WIL an check

I'm going by what my TM said. You will get $400.00 for a safety bonus if you go the full year without an accident and another $100.00 if you have no CSA charges for a total of $500.00 plus you still get the extra $25.00 a year for each extra year without an accident but thats on the $400.00 now, not the $500.00.

Never doubt the safety dept's ability to come up with some sort of trumped-up B.S. Yes I'm thankful I got mine, but they look for any reason to take it. So I guess I just fell through the cracks this year.