ODFL | A good time to (re)introduce yourself

Well, I guess you can say a much better year for me. Life does go on, THANKS for all the support, from inthegame, the best of the EAST.......LIS (LONG ISLAND)

Welcome aboard Freightsup! your username acurately describes the way things have been around here!

checking in from CIC. Chico,Ca. NOW you have the nation covered :) Happy Holidays to My OD Family

Glad your here sdfugitive! How do you like the new terminal?must be pretty nice not having to drive a couple of blocks away to get an empty.

Funny I had forgotten about that old CIC terminal.Can you see that all the way in KS ?!?!

Checkin in from SAC town.Those FDXF boys sound a little upset right about now.

Howdy Lone Ranger!spent the first 18mos.after OD bought WSKT out as the wildest of the wildmen!!!121 terminals visited in that 18 months from SDO to POR and TPA to PDX (including SAC speaking of new barns)and almost everywhere in between'nuff bout me Welcome Aboard!!!!

Hello all! Returning after a couple of years (use to be Ravens52EngLt). PT P&D guy still running out of BAL for the past 6 years. Glad to be back on TB!

Hey OD drivers,I am a former Watkins/Fedex Freight driver. I am interested in joining the OD family,and I currently live in Orlando. I know I will probrably have to work extraboard/wildboard in the beginning. Where would be the best place to do this? Orlando (do they even run wild out of this terminal,Watkins did not ),Atlanta or maybe another southern terminal. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to our forum JRT,Most of our terminals have wild drivers based at them chances are if ORL doesn't have a spot for you maybe Tampa will or one of the many FL barns will.I used to run into a Tampa based driver in Salt Lake or Tucson pretty often so I know they used to have wild drivers there,Good luck!let us know how things go.

Thanks, DayliteDean - anyone know what the starting pay is for single board and also team board. I also was wondering if OD pays delay for motel time. Watkins use to pay after 12hrs in motel.

Thanks, DayliteDean - anyone know what the starting pay is for single board and also team board. I also was wondering if OD pays delay for motel time. Watkins use to pay after 12hrs in motel.
Mid to upper 40's for singles,tops at.54cpm,teams were @.56 a couple of years ago but we've had several pay raises since,they used to also pay a few cents a mile more for drivers that came from other freight companies but I dont know if thats still being done,OD does pay for delay time although some dispatchers freak out when you ask for it(its charged to their terminal!)rarely does it take that long to get out of a breakbulk,and most of the time You'll get sent out with empties before 12 hours are up.

freighthauler, former fedex freight driver, checking in out of our BAL term!! Glad to be a part of the OD family for 3 years now!!