A Holland driver was killed when he crashed into Semi broke down,in WI.

This accident has the characteristics of distracted/fatigued driving. I mentioned a few weeks ago a young woman was killed when she drove into a parked rig on an off ramp of I 30. Professionals must act professional & stay alert every minute.

The ECM records speed, throttle position & brake application. If it is intact it will eliminate any doubt if the brakes were applied.

Is there a chance the stopped semi was not out of the Holland trucks driving lane? Lots of construction in that area...
He might not have been at fault?

Is there a chance the stopped semi was not out of the Holland trucks driving lane? Lots of construction in that area...
He might not have been at fault?
Doubt not at fault regardless if truck #1 was partially in the lane. Got to stop if lane not clear.

Maybe was tailgating another truck and drifted to shoulder without seeing ahead.

There is also a possibility the driver suffered from a medical event. I have often wondered how many accidents like this was caused by an event like a heart attack or stroke. I don't know if there will be an autopsy but that might help determine the cause.