FedEx Freight | A lot of bid guys sitting.

On a cold day in the depths of hell.
Would rather stand on the unemployment line than be a teamster. If I wanted that I would've got on with Holland, ABF, or UPS or whoever else they're mooching off of these days.
or YRC since they are government backed now and you knkw they will keep bailing them out

nobody would be sitting at home if they stopped contracting your work out.
Packerfan , ease up on this crap . Don't you think the folks here are worried and feeling bad enough ? Stop rubbing it in , you got a good job now so just stop grinding your axe on the members here . I'm thinking you better get a hot dog and relax man . Let this be man....

SMOKESTACK

nobody would be sitting at home if they stopped contracting your work out.
I recall on one of the union company forums the drivers complaining because the company was using purchase transportation and the union was doing nothing to stop it. Something about the contract saying they can only use it for a certain percentage of runs, but they were using it way more than what was agreed on.

I recall on one of the union company forums the drivers complaining because the company was using purchase transportation and the union was doing nothing to stop it. Something about the contract saying they can only use it for a certain percentage of runs, but they were using it way more than what was agreed on.
Don't know what specific place you're referring to but grievences have been filed for abuse of PT use and drivers hurt have been paid.

Had a FXLH driver call me last week asking if we are hiring because he’s not getting enough work. On the younger side with a family to provide for. Likes FXF but needs a minimum guaranteed each week. How many more are in his situation? LTL needs to restructure and rethink its manpower supply. Y’all will probably lose this driver and he won’t be interested in returning without some sort of guaranteed minimum. The fix I think is two-fold:
Every ltl provide drivers with a safety net of maybe $1100 per week
Pay for it by increasing rates industry wide. LTL profit margins are too small and this gets exposed during a recession by causing companies to fail

Had a FXLH driver call me last week asking if we are hiring because he’s not getting enough work. On the younger side with a family to provide for. Likes FXF but needs a minimum guaranteed each week. How many more are in his situation? LTL needs to restructure and rethink its manpower supply. Y’all will probably lose this driver and he won’t be interested in returning without some sort of guaranteed minimum. The fix I think is two-fold:
Every ltl provide drivers with a safety net of maybe $1100 per week
Pay for it by increasing rates industry wide. LTL profit margins are too small and this gets exposed during a recession by causing companies to fail

I've been preaching for months to find other sources of income for this reason.

FedEx freight has a safety net. They call it the dock. The problem is some drivers think they're too good for that.