FedEx Freight | A lot of bid guys sitting.

I doubt fxf is even close to 30% on pt usage if you don’t include the rail. At my barn we used to run a lot of daily pt but now instead of calling extra runs and using our 18+ man extra board they just call a pt and sit drivers at home. That’s what erks me. I could give some dumb examples but I’m not for obvious reasons. People first… what a joke.

I doubt fxf is even close to 30% on pt usage if you don’t include the rail. At my barn we used to run a lot of daily pt but now instead of calling extra runs and using our 18+ man extra board they just call a pt and sit drivers at home. That’s what erks me. I could give some dumb examples but I’m not for obvious reasons. People first… what a joke.
Go a little close to the PT trucks in the yard,and knock their mirrors off.

Cutting BIDS in Nashville and running PT! Then they have the nerve to call bid drivers and ask if they want CC days so extra board can work!

CANCEL PT, AND IF PEOPLE STILL AREN'T WORKING THEN ASK ME TO TAKE CC.

DON'T ASK ME TO TAKE OFF IF CONTRACTORS ARE ROLLING OUT THE GATE!

Cutting BIDS in Nashville and running PT! Then they have the nerve to call bid drivers and ask if they want CC days so extra board can work!

CANCEL PT, AND IF PEOPLE STILL AREN'T WORKING THEN ASK ME TO TAKE CC.

DON'T ASK ME TO TAKE OFF IF CONTRACTORS ARE ROLLING OUT THE GATE!
Those bastards!

Unions don’t fix bad business decisions homie. They also don’t prevent furloughs and layoffs. Not to mention the underfunded pensions…
Don't drink the purple Kool Aid. Central States yes is in trouble. That's until they were bailed out. You guys would more than likely keep what you have. The difference is you would have an advocate. I'm union sat home 7 out of 10 days. Filed a grievance on contractors running and got paid for it. It's a good feeling to give a little kick in the nuts to the big guy.

Packerfan , ease up on this crap . Don't you think the folks here are worried and feeling bad enough ? Stop rubbing it in , you got a good job now so just stop grinding your axe on the members here . I'm thinking you better get a hot dog and relax man . Let this be man....

SMOKESTACK
Don't worry he's scrubbing toilets with a tooth brush and he's happier than getting his d$#k kicked in everyday by useless micromanagement.

Same. It's why I haven't moved forward with complaining about PTs. It's hard to make a valid point when all the furloughs are volunteers and I'm picky about what work assignments I take.

My plan was to reach out to Jeffrey First (senior VP of Operations) to see what kind of response I got, but I couldn't write anything that made a compelling argument against it with the way my building is handling everything.
I know you're not interested but if any of your co-workers are not getting any time in ABF is looking for two full time city guys. The jobs will be posted February & can be filled online only. If you have any takers tell them to use my name for the bonus, PM me & I will give you my info. if anyone is interested....

I know you're not interested but if any of your co-workers are not getting any time in ABF is looking for two full time city guys. The jobs will be posted February & can be filled online only. If you have any takers tell them to use my name for the bonus, PM me & I will give you my info. if anyone is interested....
Thanks for the info. I still have my withdrawal card from the Teamsters.

Well you all can point the finger of blame all you want. Fact is the economy sucks and we are all taking hard because of it. The numbers would indicate that a good majority of you voted in a way that to say the least isn’t helping. Therefore many should stop the whining.

Well you all can point the finger of blame all you want. Fact is the economy sucks and we are all taking hard because of it. The numbers would indicate that a good majority of you voted in a way that to say the least isn’t helping. Therefore many should stop the whining.
The company is using the weak economy as an excuse to starve folks out and contract out more work. They also made a bad business decision by over hiring when we were already slow and running off a lot of good customers. I won’t get started on the asinine nit picking going on right now. It’s so obvious what they’re doing.

But you’re right, we should just stop whining and take it.

The company is using the weak economy as an excuse to starve folks out and contract out more work. They also made a bad business decision by over hiring when we were already slow and running off a lot of good customers. I won’t get started on the asinine nit picking going on right now. It’s so obvious what they’re doing.

But you’re right, we should just stop whining and take it.
Excuse?? There is either work or there isn’t. Lmao. They can’t make freight out of thin air. They use PT where using PT makes sound sense. They don’t use PT where they have freight moving in both directions that they could move more cost effectively with their own equipment and drivers. Come on. Any company hires for what it needs today. If I need 15 drivers I need 15 drivers. I’m not going to worry about several months down the road. That goes for any corporation. Yes it sux if you are on the short end of the stick or are getting cut but the bigger picture is that if fedex remains profitable that will benefit us all in the long run. I want fedex to make money, ::shit:: tons of it in fact so I have a job years from now. Times will change eventually. Eventually people will pull heads from rectums and maybe vote some people in that aren’t completely spend happy.

I can ask. What's the pay rate and how much overtime is available? How much dock work is involved?

Excuse?? There is either work or there isn’t. Lmao. They can’t make freight out of thin air. They use PT where using PT makes sound sense. They don’t use PT where they have freight moving in both directions that they could move more cost effectively with their own equipment and drivers. Come on. Any company hires for what it needs today. If I need 15 drivers I need 15 drivers. I’m not going to worry about several months down the road. That goes for any corporation. Yes it sux if you are on the short end of the stick or are getting cut but the bigger picture is that if fedex remains profitable that will benefit us all in the long run. I want fedex to make money, **** tons of it in fact so I have a job years from now. Times will change eventually. Eventually people will pull heads from rectums and maybe vote some people in that aren’t completely spend happy.
You do not have a clear picture on what actually goes on. The PT is a joke and the process is a joke. Yes they use PT in both directions and especially when additional PT is asked for. Geeze I wish folks would stop being blind. They add PT all the time that makes you scratch your head or push it to the rail. The problem is drivers don't have a voice and heck a lot of times it is swept under the rug because network is so big that choices don't have toe be challenged.

I can ask. What's the pay rate and how much overtime is available? How much dock work is involved?
Right around $27, OT is usually available because everyone likes to run on their 8 including me. Not really all that much dock work because we have a 10, 11& 12 bid’s & they usually handle the outbound. And we have bid’s they cover the inbound….

You do not have a clear picture on what actually goes on. The PT is a joke and the process is a joke. Yes they use PT in both directions and especially when additional PT is asked for. Geeze I wish folks would stop being blind. They add PT all the time that makes you scratch your head or push it to the rail. The problem is drivers don't have a voice and heck a lot of times it is swept under the rug because network is so big that choices don't have toe be challenged.
Bottom line is the company does what is best and most profitable for itself and stake holders as they should.