FedEx Freight | A lot of bid guys sitting.

Bottom line is the company does what is best and most profitable for itself and stake holders as they should.
I respectfully disagree with this statement. A lot of knee jerk reactions and no one ever goes back and looks to see if anything that was suppose to be a savings actually is or right decisions were made. At the end of the day who has to take it? If you don't have a voice you don't have a seat to the table.

I've been preaching for months to find other sources of income for this reason.

FedEx freight has a safety net. They call it the dock. The problem is some drivers think they're too good for that.
Heck out manager says road drivers cannot work the dock because to many city/dock workers doing it.

Bottom line is the company does what is best and most profitable for itself and stake holders as they should.
Yeah because both of those are accomplished without people coming to work everyday!

You take care of your customers and your people and everything else will work itself out!

They're running purchase right now because it's cheap. Let the economy take off again, and PT rates go through the roof things will change. Then I hope no one will come work for them after the way they have treated their employees over and over again!

#fedexcaresmyass

Yeah because both of those are accomplished without people coming to work everyday!

You take care of your customers and your people and everything else will work itself out!

They're running purchase right now because it's cheap. Let the economy take off again, and PT rates go through the roof things will change. Then I hope no one will come work for them after the way they have treated their employees over and over again!

#fedexcaresmyass
It is always so huge of swings and knee jerk reactions. When they over PT and market changes we become understaffed and it becomes an hiring frenzy. How soon they forget the rates the PT carriers pushed on us. It is never just steady and I don't think anyone truly knows what the impacts are to not being staffed from a road standpoint. Sad thing is the folks making the decisions on PT's and road probably don't know either or have a direction.

It is always so huge of swings and knee jerk reactions. When they over PT and market changes we become understaffed and it becomes an hiring frenzy. How soon they forget the rates the PT carriers pushed on us. It is never just steady and I don't think anyone truly knows what the impacts are to not being staffed from a road standpoint. Sad thing is the folks making the decisions on PT's and road probably don't know either or have a direction.
It's funny how corporate tries to sell PT as the only way to make money in back haul lanes. The young or new drivers fall for it every time.

Let's deal in facts, and a challenge anyone to prove me wrong. Fedex prices the freight in those lanes for the possible empty back haul. So when the put it on purchase they make twice as much money.

In some cases they are canceling bids that have freight both ways and PT is doing meets. Examples I know of are NAS/RCH and LOU/SFG meets.

I'm not against purchase. I'm against purchase used to cancel bids YOU set up. I'm against PURCHASE running when employees you hired to work sit at home.

During the plandemic you posted #fedexcares everywhere you could, but now we see it was BS! It was nothing more than a cheap way to get your brand out there!

Good luck all.

Excuse?? There is either work or there isn’t. Lmao. They can’t make freight out of thin air. They use PT where using PT makes sound sense. They don’t use PT where they have freight moving in both directions that they could move more cost effectively with their own equipment and drivers. Come on. Any company hires for what it needs today. If I need 15 drivers I need 15 drivers. I’m not going to worry about several months down the road. That goes for any corporation. Yes it sux if you are on the short end of the stick or are getting cut but the bigger picture is that if fedex remains profitable that will benefit us all in the long run. I want fedex to make money, **** tons of it in fact so I have a job years from now. Times will change eventually. Eventually people will pull heads from rectums and maybe vote some people in that aren’t completely spend happy.
Nashville and Louisville are using PT in lanes with freight both ways. NAS/RCH PT are meeting at the 29 exit off 81 north.

LOU/SFG meet are canceling 3 out of 4 bids two to three times a week. In a lane that is heavy for years! Yet the PT has tripled in that lane.....

These are the only ones I'm aware of. We all know there are more!

Nice try but that dog don't hunt!

Just be careful guys , don't give out your locations .
We have a lot of TM's out there hiding in their office
looking for someone to persecute or fire at this time .
I work in Nashville! I'm one of the few that comes to work everyday and don't abuse FMLA. SO they would be shooting themselves in the foot getting rid of me. Lol If they do they do. I'm not backing down. Never have never will!

If I see wrong I point it out! That don't mind pointing it out to us...

Be safe everyone.

Quote: "It can't rain all the time."