Yellow | A peek at things to come!!

yrctrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Bend over and grab your ankles again!!
Here's some recent comments from company CFO Stephanie Fisher...

Getting ready for next year's labor talks
Being a unionized carrier, YRC is not in position of needing to raise wages at this point to attract new drivers. The Teamsters did make concessions during YRC's most difficult days, and Mehrotra said there was has been "bluster" from the Teamsters getting prepared for negotiations on a contract that ends in March 2019.

Fisher would not discuss wage numbers, but said YRC is going to need "flexibility in the work force to actually run the business the way it needs to be run." She discussed a scenario in which a worker would be more of a utility worker, allowed to perform more functions than at present. Mehrotra asked whether it was "realistic" to think the Teamsters would move toward that model. "The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months. I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise."

"The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months."

It's great isn't it, that yrcw management has outstanding leadership with the Teamsters. The fact they have been very helpful to management is also very comforting.

Maybe every YRCW Teamster needs to opt out of paying dues for 1 month to our "company" union. Let management pay them, that's who they work for anyway.

Hey YRC Trucker?

I failed many classes in school due to my reading comprehension problem so i would like you to help me understand who the hell Mehrotra is. I know i must have missed it due to my problem!

Aa
Hey YRC Trucker?

I failed many classes in school due to my reading comprehension problem so i would like you to help me understand who the hell Mehrotra is. I know i must have missed it due to my problem![/QU
The Deutsce
Hey YRC Trucker?

I failed many classes in school due to my reading comprehension problem so i would like you to help me understand who the hell Mehrotra is. I know i must have missed it due to my problem!
A Deutsche Bank chief transportation analysts yhat was asking questions at the conference

:nutkick::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
That's what they think?
We're gonna take a kick in the nuts.
Don't think so.
But we shall see won't we.
No dues for a month?
Start now till contract comes up.

From the article Stephanie said...“I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise”

I think Stephanie, the rest of YRC management and the union should spend some of the next nine months listening to the labor and preparing to give some or they will end up being the ones surprised.

From the article Stephanie said...“I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise”

I think Stephanie, the rest of YRC management and the union should spend some of the next nine months listening to the labor and preparing to give some or they will end up being the ones surprised.
Suprise!
:17142:
Not!

Is it possible this is merely posturing propaganda, meant to appease shareholders and customers until a proposal is brought forth?

Realistically, if wages are to increase significantly, job classification lines will be crossed. A higher wage may be available to those willing to work across and be proficient at, all job classifications.

Bend over and grab your ankles again!!
Here's some recent comments from company CFO Stephanie Fisher...

Getting ready for next year's labor talks
Being a unionized carrier, YRC is not in position of needing to raise wages at this point to attract new drivers. The Teamsters did make concessions during YRC's most difficult days, and Mehrotra said there was has been "bluster" from the Teamsters getting prepared for negotiations on a contract that ends in March 2019.

Fisher would not discuss wage numbers, but said YRC is going to need "flexibility in the work force to actually run the business the way it needs to be run." She discussed a scenario in which a worker would be more of a utility worker, allowed to perform more functions than at present. Mehrotra asked whether it was "realistic" to think the Teamsters would move toward that model. "The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months. I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise."
Is it possible this is merely posturing propaganda, meant to appease shareholders and customers until a proposal is brought forth?

Realistically, if wages are to increase significantly, job classification lines will be crossed. A higher wage may be available to those willing to work across and be proficient at, all job classifications.
I don't think We can be flexed anymore. It's been stretched out, flexed, and taken to pound town one too many times already. Remember 2007 when the company needed the utility employees and a preferred carrier to compete with the non union carriers and in less than a year started hammering away at our wages and benefits. Let's get ready to take back what is rightfully Ours. The bankers aren't going to let this interest paying cash cow shut down. They want a fight then let's give them one!

Nobody will get everything they want in a contract. Give and take is part of how the game is played. It's been that way forever, No suprises there.
That being said the major difference between YRC (And New Penn) & ABF/UPS is we have been playing the "Giveback" game for the last 10 years. And most of not all of the Rank & File I talk to, (All across the Country, Not just Allentown or the East) are fed up and have had enough of the "Save me-Save me :crap: while Upper Management get more stock options!
As of today (06/10/2018) What I am hearing the most is about the pension. Pay what you owe and get the rate up to where it belongs.
Next is pay. Almost everyone I talk to thinks the reason the Company wants more "Flexibility" is because they can't get anyone to work for them as it is now because of the low wages. (We've talked about this many times before, Younger people not wanting to drive etc,etc so not all of this is the Companies fault)
To the People watching this thread in Overland Park listen. Most people are working 60 hours (P&D) to 70 hours (Linehaul) a week. That's all you get. How is more "flexibility" gonna help? Send a couple of guys to do linehaul and then miss pickups because you have nobody to work the city? What the hell are you thinking?
To Mr. Ernie Soehl & Mr. James Hoffa the dues paying members who work at YRC have had enough! I don't think we as a group are gonna ask for the frekin world but dammit NO MORE GIVEBACKS!
Both you Gentlemen better understand how fed up the members are. So don't even try to blow smoke. No boo-hoo'in on how bad the Company has it. You work for us dammit, Not them! Remember that!

This concept of increased profitability through increased flexibility is theoretical. It assumes that those that get the added flexibility posses the knowledge and skills to harness it for greater efficiency. I argue that management is playing their best game with the tools they have on hand, and that giving them more options will not result in greater profitability, just as putting more valves, knobs and levers on your car probably isn’t going to make it go any faster – it will however give you more things to blame if you loose the race. Ah, if only you had been given better levers and more knobs.

You gotta love American corporate culture when an executive feels compelled to reassure the investment community that they are indeed committed to getting the best of their employees through “negotiations”(wink-wink) with their union.

Why would you assume they are just posturing with propaganda? Have the last 10 years been posturing?
And then you say job classification lines will have to be crossed. Is that why the non union drivers make more than we do? Because I don't know of any non union guys who work city, dock and line haul all at once. Almost every non union ltl has road specific and city specific drivers.
All making more than YRCW Teamsters.

We could all cross job classification lines and this company wouldn't make any more money, and neither would we.

YRC is not in position of needing to raise wages ??? Really Stephanie you need to stop drinking the company Kool Aid !:heykoolaid: we need to at least match the non-union pay scale ! so "Pay the Rate or Lock the Gate " and for Flexibility, She discussed a scenario in which a worker would be more of a utility worker, allowed to perform more functions ? Really ?? So let's send a road guy out with 15 stops or a city guy on a 600mile run with the World's slowest trucks !! Time to start thinking STRIKE 2019 !!

Last edited: