Yellow | A peek at things to come!!

I think..and this is my opinion only.
I've been around awhile. This company has gotten to big and old to even control anymore. Angry workforce. Incompetent management. Like it's been said. The banks are happy with interest payments. But when that stops they will call it in and it's done. This company is not growing in the right direction. It's just gettin older.
Like us. And it's breaking down. Like us. We can be fixed by Dr's. Enough to carry on. This company is broke beyond repair. No fixing it with raises or any give backs.
Remember. This is just my opinion. And what common sense tells me. We can banter back and forth on what's wrong. But it doesn't do any good. Too many things are wrong to fix it.
"Stephanie" just said so if you can read between the lines. And this is just the first statement. It's only just starting.
All I can say is good luck everyone. We are in for one hell of a ride on the doubletalk ::shit:: hits the fan ride. (this fan will be faced their way.) And it either gonna be a smooth ride cause the yes voters want a job no matter what. Or we are going to take matters into our own hands with our future with or without this company into our own hands.
I did say without this company.
Because if we do not agree on something they are done. A strike will close it.
But remember. Life does not stop if yrc does. We will go on because that's life.
It's been a decent ride. (10 years weren't so good) first 22 were alright. For me anyways. Ramble ramble ramble. Gotta go.
Next opinion ?
:2437:

Bend over and grab your ankles again!!
Here's some recent comments from company CFO Stephanie Fisher...

Getting ready for next year's labor talks
Being a unionized carrier, YRC is not in position of needing to raise wages at this point to attract new drivers. The Teamsters did make concessions during YRC's most difficult days, and Mehrotra said there was has been "bluster" from the Teamsters getting prepared for negotiations on a contract that ends in March 2019.

Fisher would not discuss wage numbers, but said YRC is going to need "flexibility in the work force to actually run the business the way it needs to be run." She discussed a scenario in which a worker would be more of a utility worker, allowed to perform more functions than at present. Mehrotra asked whether it was "realistic" to think the Teamsters would move toward that model. "The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months. I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise."
Actually this is nothing new, using P&D drivers on weekends to run the road. Back in around the beginning or the 1990's, Roadway (at least the Toledo terminal) was getting P&D drivers to run the district run's on weekends. They claimed they couldn't get enough road drivers to do it. I was on Michigan bid and instead of running all over our district, they, the dispatch, had me on all the short run's under 50 miles instead of the longer ones. I got so sick of running back and forth between Detroit and running back to back P&D loads around Detroit I wanted to spit nails while a P&D brown noser from Kalamazoo got to run from K-Zoo to Toledo up to Lansing to Grand Rapids and back to K-Zoo. So now what's left of Roadway supervision has passed this info onto Yellow, they'll do the same to you there.

I think..and this is my opinion only.
I've been around awhile. This company has gotten to big and old to even control anymore. Angry workforce. Incompetent management. Like it's been said. The banks are happy with interest payments. But when that stops they will call it in and it's done. This company is not growing in the right direction. It's just gettin older.
Like us. And it's breaking down. Like us. We can be fixed by Dr's. Enough to carry on. This company is broke beyond repair. No fixing it with raises or any give backs.
Remember. This is just my opinion. And what common sense tells me. We can banter back and forth on what's wrong. But it doesn't do any good. Too many things are wrong to fix it.
"Stephanie" just said so if you can read between the lines. And this is just the first statement. It's only just starting.
All I can say is good luck everyone. We are in for one hell of a ride on the doubletalk :::shit::: hits the fan ride. (this fan will be faced their way.) And it either gonna be a smooth ride cause the yes voters want a job no matter what. Or we are going to take matters into our own hands with our future with or without this company into our own hands.
I did say without this company.
Because if we do not agree on something they are done. A strike will close it.
But remember. Life does not stop if yrc does. We will go on because that's life.
It's been a decent ride. (10 years weren't so good) first 22 were alright. For me anyways. Ramble ramble ramble. Gotta go.
Next opinion ?

I hate to think that YRC would let the company shut it's doors and in maybe in 10 years or less will open again as a non-union company like a few of the old Teamster's companies that went belly up did after a few year's. I believe they are only telling us what they want to know.
:2437:

Why would you assume they are just posturing with propaganda? Have the last 10 years been posturing?
And then you say job classification lines will have to be crossed. Is that why the non union drivers make more than we do? Because I don't know of any non union guys who work city, dock and line haul all at once. Almost every non union ltl has road specific and city specific drivers.
All making more than YRCW Teamsters.

We could all cross job classification lines and this company wouldn't make any more money, and neither would we.
USF Holland USED to do that and Made $$$$$$! Then, they got saddled with YRCW Debt. Just as when I worked at Preston, and we first got Saia's Debt, then Yellow Corps Debt. Debt kills....

USF Holland USED to do that and Made $$$$$$! Then, they got saddled with YRCW Debt. Just as when I worked at Preston, and we first got Saia's Debt, then Yellow Corps Debt. Debt kills....
Holland used to have what we called utility drivers. They would go from home terminal to another terminal, work the dock and return to home terminal. I think they were paid strictly hourly, but I could be wrong.We still have those drivers, they are called velocity drivers now. Paid mileage to the velocity terminal, and paid hourly for time on dock.

Doesn't really matter. Management totally ignores the work rules when it suits them, and wants to enforce work rules when it suits them. All the while Teamster brass turns a blind eye.

And Hollands operating ratio keeps getting worse.

Holland used to have what we called utility drivers. They would go from home terminal to another terminal, work the dock and return to home terminal. I think they were paid strictly hourly, but I could be wrong.We still have those drivers, they are called velocity drivers now. Paid mileage to the velocity terminal, and paid hourly for time on dock.

Doesn't really matter. Management totally ignores the work rules when it suits them, and wants to enforce work rules when it suits them. All the while Teamster brass turns a blind eye.

And Hollands operating ratio keeps getting worse.
End is near :violin:

Please remember this everyone.........They can only give us what we vote in favor of! Making everyone a Utility Employee?? That's Conway talking! Their drivers are at their disposal 14 hours a day. To do WHATEVER THEY TELL THEM TO DO! Take this trailer to another terminal. Get there, work on the dock. Take a trailer somewhere else. Have time left? Go across town and deliver these 4 pallets. Come back, drop your trailer, fuel your truck, them maybe be done. If you have used up all 14 hours. That's what "flexibility" they want. You know how many jobs that could cut?
Again, they can only make us do, what we vote to accept! Once it's written, we are stuck with it!

Will you be able to go back to Liberty Tax when it ends here?

Oh no Wong, bad news. Looks like your backup plan at Liberty Tax might be in trouble. You better think twice about voting no!

"Liberty Tax Inc. missed a key deadline on Monday that could result in the company being removed from the Nasdaq listings.

The Virginia Beach company failed to file six months’ worth of financials, a requirement to stay on the Nasdaq Stock Market. The missed deadline combined with the recent resignation of its auditor might be enough for Liberty to get booted off the exchange."

https://pilotonline.com/business/article_12cc0b0e-6e4b-11e8-807d-377998780dfd.html

BsSbLCP.jpg

NO one knows which way to go anymore.....