TForce | A Resonable Rate increase over 5 years ?

FRTCHUCKER

TB Regular
Credits
So with the Tentative agreement falling well short of the Term Acceptable, Lets take it 1 issue at a time and see what we all think is a Reasonable Increase over 5 years.
I would say given the current Economic growth and Tax breaks given by the US government to Corporations my estimate would be to ask for $3.50 and settle in the $2.75 range.

So with the Tentative agreement falling well short of the Term Acceptable, Lets take it 1 issue at a time and see what we all think is a Reasonable Increase over 5 years.
I would say given the current Economic growth and Tax breaks given by the US government to Corporations my estimate would be to ask for $3.50 and settle in the $2.75 range.
The nons are giving out $1.00 per year. That’s $5 in five years

A reasonable offer would be $5.00 over 5yrs
You just heard that fedex is received a $1.00hr raise October 2017 another 1.10 in April and old dominion is receiving another $1.00hr effective September-7-2018.think about it,ups freight has chosen NOT to grow as fedex,old dominion,saia,xpo have they have built terminals in Chicagoland area in past 10yrs,what did upgf do open 1 little terminal in Franklin park.
Our 1st contract was 5 for 5yrs in a horrible economy now in 2018 it's a whole different story VOTE :452: send them back and make your local union president,vice president,business agent work for the big money they all make..

Dont want to rain on your parade, but our healthcare cost are staying the same for all 5 years. Believe me, the nons pay out the nose for theirs and it isnt nearly as good. So the raise isnt the issue for me.

Ovnt would give us a raise and then raise our insurance cost. Making the net gain about half.

Dont want to rain on your parade, but our healthcare cost are staying the same for all 5 years. Believe me, the nons pay out the nose for theirs and it isnt nearly as good. So the raise isnt the issue for me.

Ovnt would give us a raise and then raise our insurance cost. Making the net gain about half.
Oh no,its not only about the raise their is a whole lot more vote NO

Fedex Freight gave us a $1.00 raise in October. April 1st they gave us another $1.10 after the corporate tax cut was announced.
FedEx will give you all the money you want, but in return they will raise the cost of your health insurance which isn't that great. Plus the pension is a joke 18 years of service gets you $153.00 a month. Non union companies pay well just like the union outfits but that's it.

FedEx will give you all the money you want, but in return they will raise the cost of your health insurance which isn't that great. Plus the pension is a joke 18 years of service gets you $153.00 a month. Non union companies pay well just like the union outfits but that's it.
We also have a 401k with a good company match which is our primary retirement. The pension is a secondary retirement income. I would bet that all of those retirees and future retirees in the Central States Fund wish they had a different choice than what they were forced into.

We also have a 401k with a good company match which is our primary retirement. The pension is a secondary retirement income. I would bet that all of those retirees and future retirees in the Central States Fund wish they had a different choice than what they were forced into.
Well USPF isn't in the central states so I don't know much about it. That's great fedex has a good 401k match. Better build that baby up because your gonna need it. FedEx is a great place to work just not a great place to retire from.

Let me first say I am a NO VOTE 100% . We are LTL Freight not Small pac. ABF set the tone for our hourly Rate earlier this year when they turned out a pathetic number of voters on that contract. Like it or not That is the basis for our negotiations on hourly increases. UPSF offers 2 health plan options. option A is a company paid option that is BCBS Silver which is slightly better than the Reddaway company paid plan( same silver plan with lower copays ) option B is a employee paid portion option which I believe is BCBS Gold. a much higher level of coverage for those of us with a family member that requires Constant Treatment and multiple maintenance Medications. The UPSF pension after 20 years of service is the equivalent to putting 10k per year into a 401k plan.
The days of LTL company's serving up no cost health plans with zero copays will die with ABF and YRC. That and the underfunded multiemployers pension funds will be the end of those 2 company's in the next few years. so lets be honest about what UPSF needs in this contract? #1 Higher starting wages for P&D, Linehaul, Dock. this should be the number 1 concern of everyone. the strain of not being able to recruit experienced freight workers is why most are forced to not have a life outside of UPSF. #2 Absolutely NO 2 tier pay scale #3 Contracting Language that significantly Reduces the overall % system wide #4 NO increase for hours worked to receive pension and vacation benefits #5 Language for punching in different classifications and getting paid at the higher rate punched if even for 1 minute. I hope everyone sticks together and Rejects this Sorry excuse for a contract. but be realistic LTL Freight is a bitch to turn consistent profits in. The company is doing the right thing by negotiating as hard as they can. the Union is not holding up their end of the deal. time to let them know it

All trucking companies should get with the program & take really good care of their valued workforce.
For the simple reason that a lot of young folks don't see trucking as a good career.

For all of the freight handling in the LTL sector,& night hauls with Line haul,along with regulations.
Folks wanting to enter the trucking industry are getting scarce.

All trucking companies should get with the program & take really good care of their valued workforce.
For the simple reason that a lot of young folks don't see trucking as a good career.

For all of the freight handling in the LTL sector,& night hauls with Line haul,along with regulations.
Folks wanting to enter the trucking industry are getting scarce.
My man you are the real MVP!!!

That's a flat out lie, and I challenge you to post proof showing otherwise

FxF went 3yrs without a ins rate increase, and this past year, it went up about $1.30 a week on a family plan

Meanwhile, FxF has increased pay by $3.10hr in that time
2 raises in a year's time, and rumor is, another one is coming in October which would have them getting a raise every 6mo.

As for the pension,, I was with them for right at 13.5yrs,and I could have collected $198mo at time, but I chose to let it ride.
Also, a pension is not ment to be impressive at 15yrs.
30yrs is the typical peak time, at which it will he abt $2500mo

It doesn't matter what your gross pay is it's what your net pay is, every non-union company will make less net pay than we do.

MFkrdpb.jpg

That one is for free, no need to thank me.

Ok BUDDY! I Will receive my pension sept 1 2018 and I had a choice to take one lump some or monthly. 34,000 or 153.00 a month. I will post it. Trust me you are not getting a 2500 a month pension from fedex I can guarantee you that. And your health insurance is horrible.
That's a flat out lie, and I challenge you to post proof showing otherwise

FxF went 3yrs without a ins rate increase, and this past year, it went up about $1.30 a week on a family plan

Meanwhile, FxF has increased pay by $3.10hr in that time
2 raises in a year's time, and rumor is, another one is coming in October which would have them getting a raise every 6mo.

As for the pension,, I was with them for right at 13.5yrs,and I could have collected $198mo at time, but I chose to let it ride.
Also, a pension is not ment to be impressive at 15yrs.
30yrs is the typical peak time, at which it will he abt $2500mo

MFkrdpb.jpg

That one is for free, no need to thank me.

Hi douchebag! I didn't know I have irritated you so much you have crossed forums, welcome.

I love reading that post of mine! I am very proud of it! Thanks, please make it permanent! I need to expose the bigotry that guys like you post all the time, while hiding behind your 21st century white sheets(aka the internet).

Last edited: