A Semi got stuck under a low bridge in Harrisburg,PA.

I went under that RR Bridge 2 weeks ago in my car, I said to myself, wow, in the 8 years that I'm living down here I'm amazed that a truck has never been stuck under it. We used to go into the Amtrak Rail Yard years ago when they were moving Freight, which is on the other side of the Bridge. You had to come in from the I-83 South Bridge side, not from I-81 and run down Front Street.

The company name on the trailer doors,plus the phone # for the recruiting dept may be sending a message in this case of the type,and skills of some of their employees? Just looks like bad advertising to me....

i wonder if he's gonna get fired. used to be an automatic firing for topping trailers, back in the day.

With a drivers shortage some truckload company's are more lean-ant.

I just talk to a gal in my church this morning who has a son fresh out of driving school.
He has only been on the road less then a month & has already cut to short in a Walmart taking out a barrier which he got a ticket.

He has also cut down a tire & had to wait for a company tire guy to change it.
To my surprise he is still driving for the company,,I figured he'd have gotten booted.
He is driving for a flatbed truckload carrier,however I don't know which one.

His Mom says tomorrow he is delivering a load of John Deere farm tractors out of Indiana.
I told her to tell him to keep an eye on the straps,as they can loosen in route.

Every Sunday morning when I see her in church, I always ask how's he doing,she says its something he's always wanted to do.
I tell her to tell him to pay attention to everything & he should be okay.

With a drivers shortage some truckload company's are more lean-ant.

I just talk to a gal in my church this morning who has a son fresh out of driving school.
He has only been on the road less then a month & has already cut to short in a Walmart taking out a barrier which he got a ticket.

He has also cut down a tire & had to wait for a company tire guy to change it.
To my surprise he is still driving for the company,,I figured he'd have gotten booted.
He is driving for a flatbed truckload carrier,however I don't know which one.

His Mom says tomorrow he is delivering a load of John Deere farm tractors out of Indiana.
I told her to tell him to keep an eye on the straps,as they can loosen in route.

Every Sunday morning when I see her in church, I always ask how's he doing,she says its something he's always wanted to do.
I tell her to tell him to pay attention to everything & he should be okay.
those WERE John Deere tractors.....

to me, i don;t give a crap. there is NO driver shortage.

muck up. like he did, or the trailer topper, you're fired.

there is NO shortage of applicants for a job.

I can tell you that @ YRCF we've had to start our own Schools in Chicago, Charlotte, Hsbg. and Maybrook, that I know of. The Company is forgiving ALL ACCIDENTS that they have ! They have to stay a year or pay $4,000.00 for the School.
The only experienced Drivers we are getting are ones fired by other Carriers(odfl, fed-ex, estee's) etc. along with retirees working casual.
I think our situation is more monetary both wage and pension, although UPS (parcel) can't attract qualified applicants either and they pay the most in the Industry... go figure.

I see one of my former UPS Freight co-workers at my church every Sunday.
He keeps me up to date on whats going on at the terminal.
He told me that a YRC driver just started in the city.the guy says YRC has lost so much business he was only working 3 days if that.
I say what a shame Yellow used to be one of the larger LTL's in our area.

I see one of my former UPS Freight co-workers at my church every Sunday.
He keeps me up to date on whats going on at the terminal.
He told me that a YRC driver just started in the city.the guy says YRC has lost so much business he was only working 3 days if that.
I say what a shame Yellow used to be one of the larger LTL's in our area.

I assume that you're talking about the Rochester New York terminal correct?

Yes the Rochester,NY terminal formally Overnite,actually built by Halls Motor Transit who I had been a Teamster city driver.
So I started at Halls,in 1967, 2 years after that terminal was built,worked till they went bankrupted in March of 1986..
Jumped around to all of the union LTL's to keep my pension active.

Took a withdrawal of my union card & hired on with Overnite July of 1986 after they bought that terminal.
Worked for Overnite till UPS bought them in 2005,worked for UPS Freight until March on 2008 when I retired.

So you see I worked for 3 different LTL's in that same terminal for 41 years.
I also had close to 2 years ar Eazor Express another LTL before,& about 3 other years driving for 2 other non-union companies.
All toll 45 years in trucking with enough years to draw a Teamster pension,which as you see wasn't easy.