AAA Cooper | Aaa buying nemf???

i do not think AAA has the finances to buy another carrier.I would believe a equal merger might be possible though.

[quote author=imovaherenow link=topic=77383.msg811291#msg811291 date=1268342738]
The nemf site is saying aaa is looking to buy them..any validity to that??
[/quote]

NEMF pulled out of Miami, and AAA has some kind of agreement to handle freight for them in the southeast.

we have always had a partnership with you guys for our southeatern freight but these days who knows what the bosses have up their sleeves..i have seen aaa in the bronx with 53 probably with a truckload delivery but if they were to buy nemf it would increase their coverage direct into the northeast

I heard they are buying YRC!

I promise you that will not happen.The future of AAA is dedicated,Reid would love to get rid of the LTL they have now.The dedicated employees make $4.00 less an hour and the company doesnt have to worry about OS&D claims.I still can't believe the dedicated employees had to take a 5 percent pay cut along with the LTL guys even though their frieght never dropped off.

[quote author=OLD_IRONHEAD link=topic=77383.msg813196#msg813196 date=1268608621]
I heard they are buying YRC!

I promise you that will not happen.The future of AAA is dedicated,Reid would love to get rid of the LTL they have now.The dedicated employees make $4.00 less an hour and the company doesnt have to worry about OS&D claims.I still can't believe the dedicated employees had to take a 5 percent pay cut along with the LTL guys even though their frieght never dropped off.
[/quote]

Most dedicated is paid by mileage, and stop pay, but dedicated drivers make allot more than LTL on some accounts. The five percent cut to dedicated OTR was a very low blow by AAA. Many dedicated drivers are waiting for the economy to recover, and then bail on AAA, according to the dedicated drivers I have met in my travels. AAA seems to be headed south these days.