AAA Cooper | AACT Sold??

Yeah FedEx said they weren't going to rebrand American freightways either. You pay a billion dollars you do what you want....
True anything can happen. But whether folks believe it or not AAA Cooper is a very profitable company and respected in the industry. The Dove family doesn't do anything to not make money on it. If they keep the name so be it if not oh well it would be kind of sad to see it go. I just don't see Knight-Swift entering the ltl market with the name reputation they have. I see them buying others to encompass other regions and operating them independently.

If you notice the company that made the purchase is Knight-Swift holdings. They didn't rebrand all Knight and Swift trucks. They are operating independently of each other.

With all the money UPS has I believe they could have become profitable at any time they wanted to if they wanted to invest in it more I just don't think they invested in it much because the profit margin is nowhere near as what they're used to
UPS knew the margins of LTL when they paid 1.25 billion for Overnite. Seems odd to pay that price and not want it to be profitable. And UPS package shouldn’t have to invest in the freight business. It is up to freight to invest in themselves just like every other LTL has to do. Personally I don’t think they knew how to. They thought their small package wisdom, which they clearly have , would translate to brilliance in LTL.

UPS knew the margins of LTL when they paid 1.25 billion for Overnite. Seems odd to pay that price and not want it to be profitable. And UPS package shouldn’t have to invest in the freight business. It is up to freight to invest in themselves just like every other LTL has to do. Personally I don’t think they knew how to. They thought their small package wisdom, which they clearly have , would translate to brilliance in LTL.
They may have not known how but they could have surely bought the knowledge if they wanted too. LTL is not a high margin business when you think about the fact that most LTL's that operate at 95 are usually happy. UPS package only has to compete with a handful of companies, in the LTL business you have to compete with many and it's a cut throat business.

They may have not known how but they could have surely bought the knowledge if they wanted too. LTL is not a high margin business when you think about the fact that most LTL's that operate at 95 are usually happy. UPS package only has to compete with a handful of companies, in the LTL business you have to compete with many and it's a cut throat business.
Ok. I still stand that they were aware of margins when bought in. Just seems odd they invest a billion and then not want to do what it takes to make it a good investment. Only LTL carriers I know happy at 95 is YRC and UPS

True anything can happen. But whether folks believe it or not AAA Cooper is a very profitable company and respected in the industry. The Dove family doesn't do anything to not make money on it. If they keep the name so be it if not oh well it would be kind of sad to see it go. I just don't see Knight-Swift entering the ltl market with the name reputation they have. I see them buying others to encompass other regions and operating them independently.

If you notice the company that made the purchase is Knight-Swift holdings. They didn't rebrand all Knight and Swift trucks. They are operating independently of each other.
I think they will keep the ACT name. The question will they slowly expand ACT or buy another carrier or both. Time will tell, they have to digest spending 1.35 billion, and make sure they remain profitable.

And i will ask here who owned swift before it merged with knight and still owns central freight and central refrigerated or at least last i knew of. Jerry Moyes , whom i would guess is still involved with swift knight
Knight own Swift not the other way aroundhttps://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/knight-swift-knx-acquires-majority-ownership-in-eleos/ar-BB1dlKKh#:~:text=Knight-Swift%20%28KNX%29%20Acquires%20Majority%20Ownership%20in%20Eleos%20Dramatic,of%20majority%20stake%20in%20a%20software%20company%2C%20Eleos.

With the money UPS makes, they know how to do something right!