ABF | ABF 2Q

Good thing the Union gave them the 34 hour restart for free....SMH......I'm a strong union guy as you all know, but I'm still PO'd about the 34 hour, 70 hour thing without anything gained from it...
I get your point and understand. When YRC did this it never really was to much of an issue, from what I saw with P/D drivers, there were a few cases that I heard with linehaul. Sadly union goes with the flow too often.

If ABF doesn't at LEAST give raises on par with UPS' last contract ($4.15 over five years), and fix that nonsensical COLA cap, I will be very upset for you guys. You're worth well more than you're getting.
No offense but it should be way more than that...while we have been getting 40 and 50 cent raises the competition has been getting a dollar or so...its a big NO for me if its only 4 or 5 dollars over 5 years...

No offense but it should be way more than that...while we have been getting 40 and 50 cent raises the competition has been getting a dollar or so...its a big NO for me if its only 4 or 5 dollars over 5 years...
Agree 3 dollars up front thats the 2 dollars they came crying for plus a dollar hour. then dollar hour every year after. Anything less than 7 over 5 years is a big NO from me.

I have actually emailed the teamsters with this question and why they didn't ask for anything.....I will share the response when I get one....
Possibly you should have posted "if I get one." I'm still holding out hope that the 34hr restart is a taste.
I actually got a call from the Teamsters today about the 70/8 and 34 hour reset..... The jist of what I was told is since it is "voluntary" the Union went along with it...I asked why they didn't try to get something for this and I was basically told we are getting something....the ability to earn more money if we want....

Of course after this discussion I wasn't totally happy, but at least it is "voluntary"..... or is it??? I decided near the end of the day to look at the samsara recap and what did I see? I had about 57 hours available....how is that if I am on a 60/7 with no restart? Short answer is it isn't possible...I looked at the settings and it says 70/8 with 34 hour restart!!!! So if it is voluntary why did I have a restart that I didn't approve and I didn't work the weekend? I called safety and asked about it and was told you can't disable the restart and that they changed everyone to the 70/8....

Of course after this discussion I wasn't totally happy, but at least it is "voluntary"..... or is it??? I decided near the end of the day to look at the samsara recap and what did I see? I had about 57 hours available....how is that if I am on a 60/7 with no restart? Short answer is it isn't possible...I looked at the settings and it says 70/8 with 34 hour restart!!!! So if it is voluntary why did I have a restart that I didn't approve and I didn't work the weekend? I called safety and asked about it and was told you can't disable the restart and that they changed everyone to the 70/8....
I understand your frustration with the whole thing, and I agree you still have the choice.
The ELD’s supply a wide variety of data for the company and feds ( if needed). If you search the company that supplies them they will promote all the features that are beneficial for record keeping for the company that really have little or nothing to do with the drivers themselves. They can access all miles driven in different states and fuel used, which is necessary for tax purposes on fuel reports. They can harvest data pertaining to different models of trucks for fuel economy.

At one time there was a clause in HOS regulations that “ a company with drivers operating 7 days a week will use 70/8 record of duty status “

Personally I believe the push for for the change is mostly the fact that the software in the onboard device will not let you choose between 60 or 70 hr.

The end result is exercise your desire for 60 or 70, but just remember the law supersedes any contract or company policy.
As far as P/D if you use 34 hr reset you can say Friday afternoon, “ hey guys I am short on hours and bumping 60”