ABF | ABF 2Q

I actually got a call from the Teamsters today about the 70/8 and 34 hour reset..... The jist of what I was told is since it is "voluntary" the Union went along with it...I asked why they didn't try to get something for this and I was basically told we are getting something....the ability to earn more money if we want....
I would love for them to show me how we’re going to make more money. We’re going to get the same trips has always.

I like it better without the reset if I worked a lot of hours the week before....I got picked up on Monday, then every other day that week I would tell them I only got 10 hours today sorry.....
I understand you still have that option.

Nope, when I looked at my ELD yesterday it said 70/8 34 hour reset under settings....I called safety and they said that is how they set everyone up....I have let my local know and I'm going to call the international about it....
This was in my last post,

the software in the onboard device will not let you (driver) choose between 60 or 70 hr.

They way it was sold to us, (YRC) the BA told us you still have the choice to use the 60/7 day option, but the ELD will be on the 70/8 hour. There are some apps you can get on your phone for logs, or just fill out a paper one on the clock and continue to follow the 60/7 hos duty log.

Like I said for P/D we didn’t have any issues , line haul did have some but nothing major.

Nope, when I looked at my ELD yesterday it said 70/8 34 hour reset under settings....I called safety and they said that is how they set everyone up....I have let my local know and I'm going to call the international about it....
I think you are beating your head against a rock (IBT) on this issue brother. We have a choice, but only if we are willing to keep a personal recap, only if we are willing to fight with management over it, and only if management can't figure out a way to put you in a situation where you shaft yourself if you don't use the 34hr restart. In my opinion!

If ABF doesn't at LEAST give raises on par with UPS' last contract ($4.15 over five years), and fix that nonsensical COLA cap, I will be very upset for you guys. You're worth well more than you're getting.
We should get 4.00 a hour at ratification and another dollar each year of the contract.
Theres non unions making 34 a hour and were just over 26.
Every quarter they brag that were breaking earnings records.
Time to pay the guys breaking those records

Operating ratio 85.5
Have you noticed the SAIA (ugh!) stock price? Almost catching OD.

When is ArcBest gonna start moving into that "rare air" ?
Wow....OD and Saia...gotta hand it to them....I know, Non-U, but still...wow..

while we have been getting 40 and 50 cent raises the competition has been getting a dollar or so...its a big NO for me if its only 4 or 5 dollars over 5 years...
And yet they still send out the propaganda letter. To me this is a slap in the face, every quarter is record breaking including the last quarter which was the best in company history. They include the bonus that we previously got which I’m not complaining about the $2,000 but what was our CEO’s bonus/stock options? I just don’t see how this letter is helping their cause….

And yet they still send out the propaganda letter. To me this is a slap in the face, every quarter is record breaking including the last quarter which was the best in company history. They include the bonus that we previously got which I’m not complaining about the $2,000 but what was our CEO’s bonus/stock options? I just don’t see how this letter is helping their cause….
Judy’s bonus was just a fraction more than ours for 2021 (heavy with the sarcasm).
F6B84C38-A3F8-49DC-A4AA-3CBF7E5A946D.md.jpg