ABF | ABF.... "A Bit Faster!"

So road guys will get home sooner and don’t lose pay. Freight gets to Eol’s sooner forcing more work on dock city guys. This is bs.

That depends on who you ask. When they turned the trucks up last contract a lot of guys were displaced in a COO. I myself was laid off for 21 months.
Yep. That is the inevitable result of faster trucks. There is always a destination a little further up the road... And they WILL move drivers if necessary to take advantage of it. But it absolutely makes it safer on freeways that have 75mph truck speeds by reducing the potential for rear-end collisions. That one factor alone should mandate that all trucks should be speed-governed no less than 5mph of any posted interstate freeway truck speed. When I pulled triples to SLC from Ontario with those 60mph ABF trucks on I-84 with it's 75mph truck speed limit and 85 mph car speed limit I thought about wearing a foam neck brace. Seriously. I always feared rear-end collisions with triples. You are going 18mph up a 6% grade with 100,000 lbs on a 75mph freeway...And your 4 way flashers only give you so much protection... I was sure glad when they finally got high-backed seats....I didn't fear triples as much as I resented the additional safety issues and dangers they forced you to assume. And I know you guys are tired of hearing me bitch about them, but I want the record to reflect these issues for future drivers to understand. And in spite of what RB may say to the contrary, they are a danger, especially now with texting while driving becoming the new drunk driving. OK I am not going to hijack the thread, I just wanted to get this off my chest.

That depends on who you ask. When they turned the trucks up last contract a lot of guys were displaced in a COO. I myself was laid off for 21 months.
I expect a COO with relay points moved out & more miles between rests. The company will not agree to something that will simply allow more truck stop time. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.