ABF | ABF and Amazon

That’s how it was interpreted. Therefore that’s how I got ownership of “my”. I also interpreted that you were calling me a liar on the first page. That’s how language works. That’s how reading works.
That is the definition of projection. Your projecting your emotions and biases onto something I typed. To infer all the negativity into my post came from nowhere but yourself . You're mad at me because of the way you interpreted something I typed.[/QUOTE]
That’s how language works! If you were messing around using sarcasm and I didn’t read into it, I would take you literally. That’s how reading works

Ahhh.......Mr. Decker,....before this gets too far....Please be aware you’re nominally a guest in the ABF forum.
The other gentlemen have been here for.......years...

I’m asking you to ......return to the original point of the thread you were making about Amazon and ABF.

I’m doing this politely, before we all start slinging insults around. We’ve always tried to avoid that here......

You can have the .....last word....with me, as long as you do it with a smile on your face.....

Ahhh.......Mr. Decker,....before this gets too far....Please be aware you’re nominally a guest in the ABF forum.

I’m asking you to ......return to the original point of the thread you were making about Amazon and ABF.

I’m doing this politely, before we all start slinging insults around. We’ve always tried to avoid that here......

You can have the .....last word....with me, as long as you do it with a smile on your face.....
I'll live with that. But I will tell you if you look through the thread I was clear I was not troll and original thread had been lost in the data crash and was started by an ABF employee. Then there's this little gem 3 posts in on first page:

1. SAC75Well-Known Member
    ABF doesn’t do things for free. If it doesn’t make a profit ABF doesn’t do it. We are not electricians or gas guys so your silly for even bringing it up. We also have work rules on amount of stairs we are required to climb and can refuse anything that is perceived as dangerous or if we feel we will damage property.

Monday at 5:16 PM
    LikeReply
    Grumpy, icuicp, GO40 and 2 others like this.

I don't like being told posting a legitimate scenario and asking questions is silly. Then a few posts later sac is contradicted by other ABF employees and I point it out and he thinks I'm calling him a liar.

Then we have this :

SAC75Well-Known Member

Therin lies the rub. The other companies have 1/2 the labor cost but Amazon chooses ABF?
    Yes! How many times do I have to say it?! Get it threw your head! You want your freight damaged use the cheapest company possible. When your tired of paying claims you pay the piper.

Monday at 8:10 PM
    Menu

Didn't feel very much like a guest.

I'll not be intimidated by three keyboard warriors.

They want to leave it alone, I'll leave it alone and canary can have the last word. Or we can continue till I get banned . All good to me.

Very well put Mr. Canary....

Hey GO40, all the bickering i'm reading makes me think that THE JOE is back on the boards ! a blast from the past ! Does anyone else remember him (or her) ?

I'll live with that. But I will tell you if you look through the thread I was clear I was not troll and original thread had been lost in the data crash and was started by an ABF employee. Then there's this little gem 3 posts in on first page:

1. SAC75Well-Known Member
    ABF doesn’t do things for free. If it doesn’t make a profit ABF doesn’t do it. We are not electricians or gas guys so your silly for even bringing it up. We also have work rules on amount of stairs we are required to climb and can refuse anything that is perceived as dangerous or if we feel we will damage property.

Monday at 5:16 PM
    LikeReply
    Grumpy, icuicp, GO40 and 2 others like this.

I don't like being told posting a legitimate scenario and asking questions is silly. Then a few posts later sac is contradicted by other ABF employees and I point it out and he thinks I'm calling him a liar.

Then we have this :

SAC75Well-Known Member

Therin lies the rub. The other companies have 1/2 the labor cost but Amazon chooses ABF?
    Yes! How many times do I have to say it?! Get it threw your head! You want your freight damaged use the cheapest company possible. When your tired of paying claims you pay the piper.

Monday at 8:10 PM
    Menu

Didn't feel very much like a guest.

I'll not be intimidated by three keyboard warriors.

They want to leave it alone, I'll leave it alone and canary can have the last word. Or we can continue till I get banned . All good to me.
Ted, don't let these non-people get to you by using the word "troll." That is their nuclear bomb response when they can't come up with anything intelligent to say. They use "troll" to try and put you on the defensive. It is called the "straw man argument." They use it a lot because..........

Ted, don't let these non-people get to you by using the word "troll." That is their nuclear bomb response when they can't come up with anything intelligent to say. They use "troll" to try and put you on the defensive. It is called the "straw man argument." They use it a lot because..........
What does non people mean?

Beats me, I'm a troll, because if I stay in the bone yard, no one ever visits me.
Makes me lonely.
I would visit you. I even offered to come stay with you for a couple of months and be a beach bum. I could live in your house, drink you alchohol, borrow your boat; enjoy life. I could take people out scuba diving and spear fishing. Have a great time just so you wouldn't be lonely.

We could sit on the your front porch discussing what a burden I was while enjoying the seabreeze!

I would visit you. I even offered to come stay with you for a couple of months and be a beach bum. I could live in your house, drink you alchohol, borrow your boat; enjoy life. I could take people out scuba diving and spear fishing. Have a great time just so you wouldn't be lonely.

We could sit on the your front porch discussing what a burden I was while enjoying the seabreeze!

Kinda like the sign in my bathroom, "If you think you don't have any friends, just buy a beach house"

I saw a red Freightliner pulling a 53' Xtra Lease trailer yesterday and it looked like the Freightliner said Panther on it. The Truck was moving 78 MPH and my dash cam could not get a clear image of what the Freightliner said on the side of the truck.

If Arc Best is hauling the Amazon freight that had been with XPO they are not using ABF to move that freight. The road board at my terminal has about the same number of road drivers that it had a year ago.

Last year XPO had 17.28 billion dollars of Revenue according to Yahoo Finance and ARCB had 3.09 billion dollars of revenue. If XPO lost 10% of its revenue or 1.73 billion dollars and that went to ARCB it would increase ARCB revenue to 4.82 billion dollars which would be a 55.987% surge in revenue. We could end up increasing our road board by 5% but it will not be increasing anything close to 55%.