ABF | ABF and the Teamsters agree to a "voluntary" 70hr/8 day

Is 070 Houston? We definitely need more places doing that.....we also need people to email the Teamsters, because I was told that President O Brien requires them to call....I have received three calls from the Eastern Freight Director so far....he is probably getting sick of me, but if others voiced displeasure we might get some thing done here...
Hey 381, we were given the opportunity to vote on this by communicating with the local and emailing the teamsters freight director. They responded and said we could vote on the matter. Hope this info helps

A vote is symbolic but changes nothing. A 100% no vote will not change the new rule. You elected your union representatives. They don't need your approval to negotiate work rules. If membership got a vote on every detail, there would be no need for union reps.
The representatives we voted for are there for that reason, to represent us. They don't know that there is a issue unless we tell them, then the problem is solved

Hey 381, we were given the opportunity to vote on this by communicating with the local and emailing the teamsters freight director. They responded and said we could vote on the matter. Hope this info helps
That is exactly what I have been doing....my BA actually polled everyone in my barn, all but one city guy opposed it...hopefully others will get involved.....thank you for being a brother that tries, rather than just complain....

That is exactly what I have been doing....my BA actually polled everyone in my barn, all but one city guy opposed it...hopefully others will get involved.....thank you for being a brother that tries, rather than just complain....
No problem Brother 381, members on this board have helped me out in the past so I try to pass it along when I can. Hopefully everyone will get on board with rejecting this

You were totally wrong about civil court being able to overturn Committee and/or Arbitration decisions under certain conditions. Wake up, your opinion is based on theory, mine is based on actually having lived it.
Not wrong. Committee decisions are not appealable, period!
I have not seen SOR jump in to agree with you. Why do you think that is?

Because he's not an attorney and neither are you and frankly I don't need anyone to agree with me when I've actually lived the scenario. What you are apparently is a Pompous Ass who pretends to be knowledgeable about a topic but then refuses to accept the fact that he is wrong. I had a committee decision that went against me overturned by the courts. By you continuing to say it can't be done you are continuing to make a fool of yourself.

I don't want to speak for SOR but if he thought you were right blade he would agree with you...he has integrity...he would hate it and would rather get kicked in the nuts than agree with you, but he would....my money is on Triplex here..

Because he's not an attorney and neither are you and frankly I don't need anyone to agree with me when I've actually lived the scenario. What you are apparently is a Pompous Ass who pretends to be knowledgeable about a topic but then refuses to accept the fact that he is wrong. I had a committee decision that went against me overturned by the courts. By you continuing to say it can't be done you are continuing to make a fool of yourself.
I have completed 8 grades of schoolin’. Down here in these parts, that is as good as a law degree. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Because it is getting to the point of lunacy arguing with you. If you are right, I will admit it. Although my boys and that car door slamming thing from last time still haunts me.
If Triplex say’s that he had a committee ruling overturned by the courts, I have no reason to doubt him. He has been fighting the good fight for a longer time than I have.
I have not responded because I simply do not have any background to go by about challenging a Committee decision in court and therefore had nothing to add to the discussion. However, it would seem to me that no Committee decision would stand above the law. Federal, State, or Labor.

We had a driver put back to work by the court after his firing was upheld by the committee.
I thought all these years that was an appeal.
I should know better than to question your wisdom.

Reminds me of the saying about opening one's mouth and remove all doubt!

You left out Narcissistic to go along with Pompous Ass.:biglaugh: