Yellow | ABF Closing 30 Terminals

thanks for the info and the link to read about it , 30 terminals WOW that's alot , funny how they put that news out at same time of yrc's problems ?? makes you wonder if ABF & YRC are working together to control the voting ?? kinda like when YRC said they put in a Bid to buy ABF when the ABF guys was voting on giving back the 7% pay too ???

I thought they were only going to close terminals if they didn't get the concessions...

That was just one of those many lies that were told by both...the IBT and ABF during those POS negotiations.

6765685095.png

ABF warns of major network changes if it can't lower labor costs and gain flexibility – DC Velocity

“The proposed change is part of an ongoing, dynamic network analysis that was initiated in 2013 along with other efforts at ABF Freight to return the company to sustained, historic profitability,” it said in the filing. "[This] will result in improved transit times for customers, enhanced operational efficiency and greater density in the carrier's less-than-truckload freight network. The company will continue to directly serve customers in all the markets it currently serves.”

Isn't this what yrc said before the last change of operations? We are all living that nightmare

“The proposed change is part of an ongoing, dynamic network analysis that was initiated in 2013 along with other efforts at ABF Freight to return the company to sustained, historic profitability,” it said in the filing. "[This] will result in improved transit times for customers, enhanced operational efficiency and greater density in the carrier's less-than-truckload freight network. The company will continue to directly serve customers in all the markets it currently serves.”

Isn't this what yrc said before the last change of operations? We are all living that nightmare

Did Jeffy find a new nest in which to roost?

ABF still has many terminals with like 10 people or less staffing them. Costs associated with operating them on such a small scale compared to large operations that go out 70 miles or so is hard to justify. Hard on the employees to have drive further to get to work, but is smart business decision in this industry.

The plot thickens...

These guys who sit high above the interstates and roadways don't even look down as they play monopoly with our livelihood.

ABF still has many terminals with like 10 people or less staffing them. Costs associated with operating them on such a small scale compared to large operations that go out 70 miles or so is hard to justify. Hard on the employees to have drive further to get to work, but is smart business decision in this industry.
True, if you look at the voting results I think their was 20 + terminals with 10 or less....

Trucking companies have started up and closed terminals at various times for decades. This is hardly the earth shaking news that some make it out to be.

Earth shaking to the employees that are out of a job or have to move away from home in order to keep said job. But as you have said its for the betterment of the company and when they do well they may be called back. What a nice thank you for concessions

Earth shaking to the employees that are out of a job or have to move away from home in order to keep said job. But as you have said its for the betterment of the company and when they do well they may be called back. What a nice thank you for concessions

I said all those things? Can you show me where I did or are you again having a reading comprehension problem?

Trucking companies have started up and closed terminals at various times for decades. This is hardly the earth shaking news that some make it out to be.

Yeah your correct but these terminal closings seem to have been threatened if the ABF employees didn't accept concessions..To me to seems that ABF was going to close them either way so I would ask "Why didn't they tell them before the vote""?? Maybe so they could use it as an additional threat??

Any time a company is talking about doing something usually means it's going to happen no matter what the circumstances are. They just used it to their advantage during contract talks.