ABF | ABF Customer Feedback

vongrimmenstein

I stand for our flag, & kneel for the fallen
Credits
Looks like a second 30 day extension on the contract.

Is anyone hearing comments from our customers about the lack of a contract?

Can anyone confirm a loss of freight due to the lack of a Labor Agreement?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i know at one customer in nashville are they gave a full daily trailer swap to us at upgf abf had that trl swap for yrs, but it will all work out for the best, abf teamsters will get a fair contract, and for us at upgf we are 3 weeks past due on a written contract so in a lil while our customers will be nervous also, i know one thing ups package is losing business daily, i talked to a handful of package teamsters n they say their customers are getting huge discounts from fedex ground.

All seems to be calm with me and our customers. Some have asked and I tell them no strike, continue working until we get a deal.

UPS Freight has a dilemma on their hands. They have cut throat rates, which yield insufficient profits and they have a restless work force. If the work force gets what they should and UPS has any smarts they'll have to raise their rates, which will result in a drop in business levels. I know some who think they get that freight because they are the great UPS but I know better and so do the customers. Needless to say the future is going to be interesting.

Well i know at one customer in nashville are they gave a full daily trailer swap to us at upgf abf had that trl swap for yrs, but it will all work out for the best, abf teamsters will get a fair contract, and for us at upgf we are 3 weeks past due on a written contract so in a lil while our customers will be nervous also, i know one thing ups package is losing business daily, i talked to a handful of package teamsters n they say their customers are getting huge discounts from fedex ground.

i would have thought fedex should have learned from there mistakes when they tried to force yrc out.If i remember correctly that only led to them getting in trouble and cutting there employees to get out

Since they are able to cut their employees at will there is no need to learn a lesson. It's the employees that need to get the hint.

Well the customer i was talking about would give us atleast 10-14 skids daily so maybe they justturned it into a swap. And i do see 50%-70% discount rates on alot of bol's so it will be interesting for the rest of this contract and thenext

I know one thing for sure, is that big customets for example, Amazon ups package does ALOT of business with them and upsfreight is part of the "sweet" contract deal with amazon so package helps us alot to get acts

But I think the catch is that UPS is Teamsters & FedEx is not organized which means they pay their employees less & therefore can move the freight for less....

But I think the catch is that UPS is Teamsters & FedEx is not organized which means they pay their employees less & therefore can move the freight for less....
Biggest differences between FedEx Ground and UPS are:
1) Union vs private contractors, double whammy.
2) UPS goes everywhere, FedEx Ground goes to major metropolitan areas but they are growing constantly towards full coverage of US and as they grow they become a bigger threat to UPS. UPS is thriving with record profits right now anyway. Maybe a problem in the distant future. That business in particular is tough to get into given the infrastructure necessary to do the job.