ABF | Abf is mismanaged

Lefty.

TB Lurker
Credits
Abf is mismanaged, they have lot's of money. At this time office worker's have it made. Maybe work eight hours go home, to many of them why because upper management wants it easy for themselves. There's ready tractor's that don't get pick up from the shop for week's. Rentals sitting around not used. There needs to be a good contract. Vote no and don't let the nobody bs you to vote yes.

I have said all that for years, my EOL (plus a satellite) has 10 drivers....but 2 supervisors, 1 manager, and a clerk.....4 people for 10 drivers? When I worked for Roadway we had about 10 drivers, a manager that ran 3 terminals (between the 3 he had about 40 drivers).and a morning supervisor at my barn...that's it, one supervisor on site....Nice new name....

I have said all that for years, my EOL (plus a satellite) has 10 drivers....but 2 supervisors, 1 manager, and a clerk.....4 people for 10 drivers? When I worked for Roadway we had about 10 drivers, a manager that ran 3 terminals (between the 3 he had about 40 drivers).and a morning supervisor at my barn...that's it, one supervisor on site....Nice new name....
1 office worker for every 2 drivers at our place

At my terminal we have 18 drivers & the same amount of office people as you....

I'm just a visitor here, and mods check me if I'm out of line but couldn't this go in one of the other 3 negotiation threads? Is there really a need for another one?

I ask because I'm following this with a lot of curiosity and it's a PITA to keep up with when somebody starts another thread to discuss negotiations when there's already quite a few.

I'm just a visitor here, and mods check me if I'm out of line but couldn't this go in one of the other 3 negotiation threads? Is there really a need for another one?

I ask because I'm following this with a lot of curiosity and it's a PITA to keep up with when somebody starts another thread to discuss negotiations when there's already quite a few.
Nah, this one I think is more about mismanagement and the overabundance of management, but I agree the title to the thread is a little off....I fixed the title

Hey guess what, these trucks are green and not roadway or yellow quite talking about roadway and yellow. That’s why they’re in problem they are miss management.

Hey guess what, these trucks are green and not roadway or yellow quite talking about roadway and yellow. That’s why they’re in problem they are miss management.
I will talk about anything I feel is appropriate.... and guess what? It was a comparison between companies..when you become a moderator you can enforce this "policy"..... until then GFY.....

You can tell It’s contract time, Mr. 12 posts since 2010 has something to say….
You can tell It’s contract time, Mr. 12 posts since 2010 has something to say….
Yep it same old rumor mill every contract guys believe everything they hear first thing to do is just wait for it. then vote no for it and then I’ll come back and give you a better one like they used to. But no has the balls any more to vote no because they believe everything they r told. The company isn’t going to sell or shut down they have shareholders to answer to. The ABF Freight is the cash cow of ARC Best that how they bought all the other companies. Remember when they wanted 15% pay cut and we did tell them no and freight fell out of the sky and they hiring after the recession.
PS. I don’t want to waste a lot of time on listening bunch of BS. That’s why I haven’t been on here.

Yep it same old rumor mill every contract guys believe everything they hear first thing to do is just wait for it. then vote no for it and then I’ll come back and give you a better one like they used to. But no has the balls any more to vote no because they believe everything they r told. The company isn’t going to sell or shut down they have shareholders to answer to. The ABF Freight is the cash cow of ARC Best that how they bought all the other companies. Remember when they wanted 15% pay cut and we did tell them no and freight fell out of the sky and they hiring after the recession.
PS. I don’t want to waste a lot of time on listening bunch of BS. That’s why I haven’t been on here.
I don’t disagree with anything you said. I left Yrc 15 years ago because of the givebacks….