ABF | Abf Kansas City

muther trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm looking for anyone from the kc barn that might have info for me. I am going through hiring process for linehaul position. I understand they are hiring 7 lh drivers and would like to know why they are hiring. Drivers retiring/fired, new accounts, just covering for summer vacations? Also just an overall opinion on the kc terminal dispatchers, manager, other drivers, equipment and how likely I will be working 5 or more shifts a week.

I'm looking for anyone from the kc barn that might have info for me. I am going through hiring process for linehaul position. I understand they are hiring 7 lh drivers and would like to know why they are hiring. Drivers retiring/fired, new accounts, just covering for summer vacations? Also just an overall opinion on the kc terminal dispatchers, manager, other drivers, equipment and how likely I will be working 5 or more shifts a week.
I work in KC linehaul. Few guys have retired, also very busy, our board is exhausted alot. Linehaul boss is good guy, do your work, you never have to talk to him. Our dispatchers are good guys. Very easy place to walk in, get paperwork, leave,little issue.

I am a Cleveland ohio driver and we are dropping pups at a place called chalfant which makes dock bumpers,so I asked my buddy who dropped them and he said it was for our new kc terminal that's being built for our sleds operation. If that helps?

I work in KC linehaul. Few guys have retired, also very busy, our board is exhausted alot. Linehaul boss is good guy, do your work, you never have to talk to him. Our dispatchers are good guys. Very easy place to walk in, get paperwork, leave,little issue.
Also, you will work! 99% of our drivers are great. Stewards are good. Not alot of drama. Mainly turns now except Denver, Dallas.. couple other bed situations

I run out of another terminal,but I do go out their occasionally. They have tons of freight and always needing drivers. Most of the drivers are happy working out of kc, plenty of work.

I am a Cleveland ohio driver and we are dropping pups at a place called chalfant which makes dock bumpers,so I asked my buddy who dropped them and he said it was for our new kc terminal that's being built for our sleds operation. If that helps?
Hey...yeah. What about those sleds? I retired shortly before they started that program up and haven’t heard diddly about it since. Update???

will it be like the OD terminal that we see on the TV commercials?
100906033_3180729435355387_8312760312071716864_o.jpg

I was looking/reading up on the new "sled" loading process. First I've heard of it but I have been out of ltl for a while. Looks like it would work well in most cases. The guy I did my interview with said the new terminal would only be 76 or 78 doors if I remember correctly. That must cut loading/unloading times dramatically. Hope it all works as well as they hope.