ABF | ABF proposes 15% wage cuts for union workers – will it pass a vote?

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
16gwmqd.jpg

ABF proposes 15% wage cuts for union workers – will it pass a vote?

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/index.php?page=page2233

Re: ABF proposes 15% wage cuts for union workers – will it pass a vote?

Just keep trying to make trouble clydesdale. You're nothing but a YRC :buttkisser:,I bet!

[quote author=clydesdale link=topic=79412.msg823554#msg823554 date=1271886672]
yes
[/quote]

All 12 of your posts are trying to convince us to vote yes? You must be someone who is not working for ABF and just want to cause trouble. I don't understand you guys who just want to see how pissed off you can get everyone just for your enjoyment.

we are only voting once. In the proposal, and at our union meeting on 4/25/10 they said this is a one time vote for a year. There will be no revote for 1 year! If ABF doesnt get the 15% now, my guess is if they are still around in a year they will come back telling us they want 15%, no pension payments, and a cut in our health. What to do, what to do?????????

<not an ABF employee, spouse of one

let me see here...

wage reduction for an undetermined amount of time OR unemployment (which ends in 20-26 weeks)

Hmmmm..guys come on.....this isn't hard to figure out.

feisty, not to disrespect you in any way but I really can't believe that they have you convinced that ABF is in financial trouble. I know that you don't actually work there but if you did, I think that you would know the stupid things that they have been doing in the last year, ask your spouse. This is my strong opinion, if this thing passes, I really do think that we will all be out of a job very soon and ABC corporation will be going strong. Just keep reading that 15 page agreement that they have for a 15% pay reduction,especially the last three pages. Davidson did not spend $800,000 for no good reason last year. If we vote yes, we will soon be finding out why!

CF was a prime example!

[quote author=feistY link=topic=79412.msg824923#msg824923 date=1272317766]
<not an ABF employee, spouse of one

let me see here...

wage reduction for an undetermined amount of time OR unemployment (which ends in 20-26 weeks)

Hmmmm..guys come on.....this isn't hard to figure out.
[/quote]Mr. Feisty How do you come up with wage reduction or unemployment???? do u think abf closes it's doors??? do you guess more guys gets laid off??? like yrc continues up to this day to layoff people even tho they got EVERY CONCESSION. this company isn't going anywhere stock is growing & is projected to continue to grow...doesn't sound like bankruptcy ..i'll vote no & keep my job !!!!

Welcome Feisty.

I'm YRC and what these guys are telling you is the truth. Your spouse being laid off is not relevant to this issue. Either way the vote goes will not have a direct effect on that.

I hope things work out for you both. I just hit 25 weeks on it.

ABFERS PLEASE DO YOUR SELF AND OTHERS SOME GOOD, VOTE NO NO NO TO THE 15% WAGE CUT DO SOME READING ON THE NET. NEVER TAKE THE FIRST DEAL, WAKE THE **** UP ABF/ABC BE REAL WITH YOUR EMPLOYEES GIVE US THE TRUTH AND MAYBE WE WOULD HELP STAND STRONG

Language

:duel: hey schuyler we at the little barns are very worried about the big barns :thumbsup: because you guys are going to be visited by ft smith. we are just getting our terminal mgrs to talk it up, so we are very concerned about you bigger terminal guys. dont worry the little ones are a hell NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!