ABF | ABF taking out radio ads for workers

FC, I went there today (Sunday) for 3 rippers and "beer 1" as they say. They're open 8am to 8pm every day. Then I went to Applegate Farm for one of their homemade ice cream pistachio cones. Life is good! :smile new:

PS - Hey Roady, don't you miss Rutt's?

Rutts1.md.jpg Rutts2.md.jpg
I'm full of envy!! Wish I could get there soon. Looks like it will a minute before I can get there though. Glad you made it!

The main reason I think is, this generation of people do not want to drive a truck no matter what the pay is or how good benefits are. Everybody today wants to work behind a computer in their own home. Physical work is a no no for them. I grew up in the Woodstock era and never had a moving violation in the 48 years I drove in the NY/NJ area. Times have changed and people have changed more.
Nah, they had plenty of interviews until they tell them the pay. Had 2 great guys hired worked for 2 months said they couldn't afford the pay cut. The one guys old union job raised the pay so he went back and took the other guy with him. Guys ask me on the street about a job but no one is coming for 26hr the northeast is just to expensive.

The whole package doesn’t matter when the take home isn’t enough to buy a modest home anymore. That’s just a cold hard fact.

The 40 to 60 year olds already have houses so they aren’t worried about it as much. The 30 to 40 year olds already have houses but we’re buying at much higher prices than it should have been. The 20 to 30 year old crowd dgaf about benefits or retirement.

Before I hear about the whole package, I know I know.

Just try getting a mortgage as a 25 year old by telling the bank “but if you look at my whole package I’m ahead of the non-union competition…” I guarantee the bank almost cares as much as the guy driving for the competition taking home more money to actually pay for the stuff.

As far as 20somethings not getting into trucking anymore, the job isn’t desirable.

They can go into the trades and make more and have a better schedule day 1. They can go work in a factory and have a set schedule day 1. Trucking sucks and the pay is way far behind no matter how you look at it.

If we were all union it would be different, but try doing a leafleting at the gate of a FedEx, XPO, Old Dominion, Estes, or even Central Transport and you will find most guys know the Teamsters companies pay less on the check. Take home pay is a HUGE ticket item in the inflation we are experiencing.

FC, I went there today (Sunday) for 3 rippers and "beer 1" as they say. They're open 8am to 8pm every day. Then I went to Applegate Farm for one of their homemade ice cream pistachio cones. Life is good! :smile new:

PS - Hey Roady, don't you miss Rutt's?

Rutts1.md.jpg Rutts2.md.jpg
Triplex, I miss Rutt's and a whole lot more things , people and places in the NY/NJ area. One thing I don't miss are those high property taxes. There are a lot of pros and cons living down here in Florida and it's going to take me the rest of my life to get used to them. I'm still a Jersey guy in my heart, miss all of my Teamster buddies.

The Ripper, is that something to eat there or what you do after eating there? :17142::hide:
Hookman, if you ever had the glorious pleasure of consuming a Rutt's ripper (with mustard or relish or even plain, and preferably with a beer) you would know why those of us who have had the pleasure are so loving of them. :smile new:

Rutt-Pair.jpg

The Ripper, is that something to eat there or what you do after eating there? :17142::hide:
Hookman, if you ever had the glorious pleasure of consuming a Rutt's ripper (with mustard or relish or even plain, and preferably with a beer) you would know why those of us who have had the pleasure are so loving of them. :smile new:

Rutt-Pair.jpg
OK Tri so the answer to my question is both. Throw some onions on those with a couple cold ones & I'll fall in love again.

Rutt-Pair.jpg

You don't even have to take my word for it...

You don't even have to take my word for it...

It's sad places like this have disappeared, youngsters don't know what they are missing. My wife I always took my son & daughter to the "hole in the wall" mom & pop places. Glad to see they are alive.

It's sad places like this have disappeared, youngsters don't know what they are missing. My wife I always took my son & daughter to the "hole in the wall" mom & pop places. Glad to see they are alive.
You said it Hook. Thank goodness we still have some of those one-off great places here in the NJ/NY Metro area.