ABF | ABF-Teamsters Contract Negotiations Update 4-19-13

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
<embed src="https://www.box.com/embed/aksprpnjsp1y4jg.swf" width="90%25" height="768" wmode="opaque" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always">

Thanks Jeff, I've been waiting over a year to get hired at ABF, but now I'm glad it just isn't me of why the hold up. I have a friend that's a driver their and I already had an interview at the terminal, but now I know it's these negotiations holding up my start day. I wanted to comment on this thread to also keep up with the updates. Thanks Again, Mike..

Did anyone honestly expect anything different from this company? And hey look it is only 6.5% of our wages.
That is better than the 15% that YRC took. And also it is only $240 a month towards our health care.
That is still better than the not having pension contributions like YRC.
Just give it a month and the union will be telling us to take it because we still have it better than YRC.

Anyways good luck to everyone in there new job searches because once our benefits are gone it is not
worth working at this place anymore.
City drivers 60 hrs a week and miss dinner with there families and all there kids events get told how great we
Have it because of how much money we make.
Road drivers who run there ass off in our slow ass trucks and spend every other day in a hotel bed
instead of at home with there wifes also get told the same thing.
How many times have you been told that we are the highest paid workers in our industry
And that we are also the best workers in our industry?

Well f@#% that. Take away our pay and benefits and it is not worth it anymore.
Isn't a happy work force a productive work force?
Does anyone know a happy YRC employee?
Four years of cuts and give backs and they still are losing money. Do you think it will be any different here.
I said it there and I will say it here close the doors.
Vote no.

Have a nice weekend and get out your calculators and try to figure out how many more hours you will need to work to off set any wage reduction we will take.

Did anyone honestly expect anything different from this company? And hey look it is only 6.5% of our wages.
That is better than the 15% that YRC took. And also it is only $240 a month towards our health care.
That is still better than the not having pension contributions like YRC.
Just give it a month and the union will be telling us to take it because we still have it better than YRC.

Anyways good luck to everyone in there new job searches because once our benefits are gone it is not
worth working at this place anymore.
City drivers 60 hrs a week and miss dinner with there families and all there kids events get told how great we
Have it because of how much money we make.
Road drivers who run there ass off in our slow ass trucks and spend every other day in a hotel bed
instead of at home with there wifes also get told the same thing.
How many times have you been told that we are the highest paid workers in our industry
And that we are also the best workers in our industry?

Well f@#% that. Take away our pay and benefits and it is not worth it anymore.
Isn't a happy work force a productive work force?
Does anyone know a happy YRC employee?
Four years of cuts and give backs and they still are losing money. Do you think it will be any different here.
I said it there and I will say it here close the doors.
Vote no.

Have a nice weekend and get out your calculators and try to figure out how many more hours you will need to work to off set any wage reduction we will take.

I know it is just their proposal, but it is a little late in the game for a proposal like this one. There is no way I will ever vote for anything that resembles this.

My vote is NO

What I want to know is this: What is involved in the "millions of economic relief" that has already been agreed to by the union? Notice that the union press release glosses over that part. What are the specifics? Did the union already give up on sick days, personal days, vacations, drop and hook pay, delay time at terminals, overtime after 8 hours on the dock, forced layover pay, moving expenses for COOs and even more? Are they waving a pay reduction in front of us now to cover up all the stuff they have ALREADY given away?

That's what I figured. I guess you're ok with some of the 7500 ABF Teamster's being on the unemployment line.
Maybe the other 7,499 dont think like you? Lets see how fast you would change your tune If you were the one getting no benefits for lack of hours.

Listen Stoney it is obvious that you are a company man
Besides we all know what ever we give up will just be passed on through discounts to the customers so the end result will be what?
Plus what ever loss we take will be given as a bonus to the upper management.