Yellow | ABF.

[quote author=bud starkey link=topic=79397.msg823121#msg823121 date=1271738713]
Looks live ABF has taken a page out of a YRC history book. :rant:
[/quote]We at YRC started a race to the bottom I'm afraid. The only thing we have'nt done yet is cross a picket line. Unless you call praying for the demise of a sister company, or local, a virtual line crossing. :nono:

we all knew it was comming but i thought they would start at 10%.talk about greedy corp. i'll bet our brothers tell them to stuff it! :popcorn:

I f ya remember that's that how they did it here 10% at first nothing was said about not contributing to the pension then later they started that not pay' en plus an extra 5%. Watch , ABF has the same trick up their sleeves . It would'nt surprise me Zollars ain't schoolen them over there .

How did ABF go from (being rumored of) having enough money to purchase another company, to struggling so much that they need pay concessions, in such a short period of time? Are their troubles legit, or just taking advantage of an opportunity? You know the recent saying..."never let a good crisis go to waste."

Whay is happening here is,the companies and the IBT are trying to standardize the teamster wages and eventually,the teamster benefits. The problem is,instead of bringing the wages back up at YRC,they believe it`s easier to bring the wages down at ABF. The reason people join unions and pay union dues is to better their jobs not fall further behind. All these years the teamsters should have been trying to unionize other freight companies and put them under the NMFA. Instead of doing that,now they are tearing down the NMFA and slowly bringing down the wages and benefits that were part of the contract. These freight companies can and do manipulate their numbers and show losses or less profit when it serves their purpose.

[quote author=carolinajohn link=topic=79397.msg823452#msg823452 date=1271858561]
Whay is happening here is,the companies and the IBT are trying to standardize the teamster wages and eventually,the teamster benefits. The problem is,instead of bringing the wages back up at YRC,they believe it`s easier to bring the wages down at ABF. The reason people join unions and pay union dues is to better their jobs not fall further behind. All these years the teamsters should have been trying to unionize other freight companies and put them under the NMFA. Instead of doing that,now they are tearing down the NMFA and slowly bringing down the wages and benefits that were part of the contract. These freight companies can and do manipulate their numbers and show losses or less profit when it serves their purpose.
[/quote]

You are exactly right. The UPS contract should have been NMFA too and we should all be working for the same pay rate if we are under a "national" contract. I wonder when UPS will cry poor? They are next.

And why would the fools at FedUp want to join the NMFA after seeing how great our situation is?
Ya right, they're going to vote in the Union after seeing how great we've been HAD.

Im afraid if this is passed , we start the next contract at a lower pay rate . This is a win win for YRC ,but not for the workers . :duel:

[quote author=macandb link=topic=79397.msg823515#msg823515 date=1271874420]
Im afraid if this is passed , we start the next contract at a lower pay rate . This is a win win for YRC ,but not for the workers . :duel:
[/quote]

That's alright, Can't you hear the yes men now...... I rather make 85 percent then nothing at all.........
The economy is bad, no jobs out there paying 20 an hour........ I'm to old to start over.......... Add your own, We done heard every excuse on why to accept these pay-cuts and concessions........

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=79397.msg823432#msg823432 date=1271853390]
How did ABF go from (being rumored of) having enough money to purchase another company, to struggling so much that they need pay concessions, in such a short period of time? Are their troubles legit, or just taking advantage of an opportunity? You know the recent saying..."never let a good crisis go to waste."
[/quote]

I am with ABF. They wanted the same deal from the union but no stock ops. no to buying other comp. and the IBT told them to stick it you are not even showing a loss they said. Thats when it started boys and girls. They started doing strange routings, major delay times, ect. you know how they can make a comp. look bad! :tribe: As the majority so far is NOOO to the 15%

[quote author=mad trucker link=topic=79397.msg823539#msg823539 date=1271880489]
[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=79397.msg823432#msg823432 date=1271853390]
[/quote]

I am with ABF. They wanted the same deal from the union but no stock ops. no to buying other comp. and the IBT told them to stick it you are not even showing a loss they said. Thats when it started boys and girls. They started doing strange routings, major delay times, ect. you know how they can make a comp. look bad! :tribe: As the majority so far is NOOO to the 15%
[/quote] Don't listen to the "so called" majority. It will pass. And it will pass easily. The boys talk real tough, while chatting with each other. Their chests puffed out as far as they can puff 'em. But when it comes time for a vote, mommy gives the marching orders. And after their yes vote, they will still talk tough, as though they didn't vote yes.

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=79397.msg823756#msg823756 date=1271938131]
[quote author=mad trucker link=topic=79397.msg823539#msg823539 date=1271880489]
[/quote]

[/quote] Don't listen to the "so called" majority. It will pass. And it will pass easily. The boys talk real tough, while chatting with each other. Their chests puffed out as far as they can puff 'em. But when it comes time for a vote, mommy gives the marching orders. And after their yes vote, they will still talk tough, as though they didn't vote yes.
[/quote]Thats telling it like it is. And even if the guys get a vote off before Momma see's it, the Robo calls and Bullitins in the mail will make sure she gets it right. :bs:

All be damned if a working man votes himself a paycut.until I see top executives take a cut in pay the I would consider a pay cut.I vote no twice.hell the non payment of the pension is a big enough pay cut.I c my check stub.it looks like it goes to the union first.where the money goes from there is anyones guess.ask a yrc driver.they will show you a check stub.union equity wages.

When I look at my pay stub nowadays, it looks like every Tom, Dick, and Harry is taking their cut out of it. About one more hand on my paycheck, and I might as well go pick up cigarette butts in the McDonald's parking lot for a living. At least they might let me do it on my own schedule. (after the Jerry Springer show is over)

If its so dam tough out there why is it that all the top dogs manage to find these outrageous amounts of money for their compensation . I f Zollares took only a million I wonder how many employees could get by on the other 16 mill. that he is getting and how about that 8 hundred thousand Wickes took in that bonus that came straight out of your pockets . Its a little odd that only the union guys get the blame for helping them selves to your money but never top management . Its like a candy store someone forgot to lock . :rant:

[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=79397.msg823983#msg823983 date=1272024311]
When I look at my pay stub nowadays, it looks like every Tom, Dick, and Harry is taking their cut out of it. About one more hand on my paycheck, and I might as well go pick up cigarette butts in the McDonald's parking lot for a living. At least they might let me do it on my own schedule. (after the Jerry Springer show is over)
[/quote]Quit looking at your paycheck Flash, (Thats what I did, makes it a lot easier.) that way you won't see that every Tom, Dick, Harry, George etc is taking some part of your check.

[quote author=searcher09 link=topic=79397.msg824700#msg824700 date=1272244446]
[quote author=Northern Flash link=topic=79397.msg823983#msg823983 date=1272024311]
[/quote]Quit looking at your paycheck Flash, (Thats what I did, makes it a lot easier.) that way you won't see that every Tom, Dick, Harry, George etc is taking some part of your check.
[/quote]Good idea. I think that I'll try to only look at the take home pay. That way I will know if I have enough beer money left over. When I look at the gross compared to the take home, I start wondering who's next to take their share from me.