ABF | ABF's Operating Ratio for 3rd Quarter 2007 is 93.8

Yes sir there are many more reasons that the trucking industry costs so much to be profitable now days.

but as long as your company is making money and you are doing your best,you shouldn't have to worry about receiving a pay check every week.

Beside that at the end of the year these LTL companies have a lot of write offs they can declare,which should help boost their yearly profits.

its economy... look on every other carriers website... EVERY carrier is way down EVERY where. its a beautiful thing that ABF operated at a 93 during such poor economic times.. be proud they are holding the line for your future..

Now if you could just get rid of all the people who are milking the time clock you could make more money.

I think if howdy doody would not take a 3.8 million dollar paycheck each year it might help a litttle?

I think if howdy doody would not take a 3.8 million dollar paycheck each year it might help a litttle?
Excellent idea my "Fellow Employee".

I think we need to see if we can impress the importance of this during all of these "On Going Negotiations" that he is engaged with his "Fellow Employees".

Maybe a little return the letters with some suggestions as to what he can do with them and point out the fact that he needs to negotiate with "OUR" negotiating representatives. The Teamsters Union.

3.8 million............im speechless........do you know how much money we would have in this company if they put a cap on unreasonable salaries..........i dont care what he does, he dosent drive the truck or load the freight or deal with unreasonable customers and he wants to take away from us.........see how he would like it if we voted to take his salary say back to a million dollars........that should be the cap anyway its not like he is hitting home runs or anything !!!!!!!!!

3.8 million............im speechless........do you know how much money we would have in this company if they put a cap on unreasonable salaries..........i dont care what he does, he dosent drive the truck or load the freight or deal with unreasonable customers and he wants to take away from us.........see how he would like it if we voted to take his salary say back to a million dollars........that should be the cap anyway its not like he is hitting home runs or anything !!!!!!!!!

Really, this is a sign of the times. Corporate greed, is in every segment of business.

Excellent idea my "Fellow Employee".

I think we need to see if we can impress the importance of this during all of these "On Going Negotiations" that he is engaged with his "Fellow Employees".
I have a feeling that our "other" fellow employee wakes up every morning and while he is having his morning coffee he complains to mrs doody about how much he is letting us enjoy our generous benefit package. He mentions it at every opportunity. He even used a safety dinner to feed us his popaganda, they talked safety for maybe 15 minutes, then he said he would answer the questions that he had us fill out on paper before the dinner began. Surprisingly there was a question (that he wrote earlier and slipped it in with the ones we wrote) and it mentions benefits and then he starts out by saying that old dominion only has to pay $8,000 per year, and abf has to pay $24,000. That really bothers him. But, he says that we can do that because we have the cream of the crop for drivers. But if only we could um, um, give a little. Be a little more flexible. we need that to survive. So that we can afford to give everyone maybe a penny a mile in the raise. Yes, my fellow associates, we all need to give, for the good of the company. For then the profit will allow for the million dollar bonuses for our "other" fellow employees.
They need to fly around the country in the corporate jet to stay at the hilton for a few nights and take all the fellow employees out for the safety dinners. While we stay at the flea bag motels that everyone complains about. I doubt that you will run into howdy at any of the motels we stay at?
Our fellow employee.

93.8 is great

when i started working for akers motor lines in may of 1958 we were operating at .75 spent, 1.00 took in. well a gentleman named ole man jimmy hoffa said i want dock workers & truckdrivers to share some of this & operating ratios started upward. then deregulation come along & killed trucking buiness & akers went out of business spending 1.07 & taking in 1.00 that dog wont hunt. they(management) of union ltl trucking said we need to improve & started working to get cost inline as u can see by 93.8 OR. before all was blamed n teamsters & that was not true as u can see. we cant see future, i dont know if abf will sell out i dont personally think so but i am no fortune teller. what i wud say to u is be proud of ur company, kiss ur union card before punching in but make u & ur family #1 in ur decisions. this from a 43 yr 9 mo 68 year old retired dispatcher from YRC in charlotte nc. tk u

when i started working for akers motor lines in may of 1958 we were operating at .75 spent, 1.00 took in. well a gentleman named ole man jimmy hoffa said i want dock workers & truckdrivers to share some of this & operating ratios started upward. then deregulation come along & killed trucking buiness & akers went out of business spending 1.07 & taking in 1.00 that dog wont hunt. they(management) of union ltl trucking said we need to improve & started working to get cost inline as u can see by 93.8 OR. before all was blamed n teamsters & that was not true as u can see. we cant see future, i dont know if abf will sell out i dont personally think so but i am no fortune teller. what i wud say to u is be proud of ur company, kiss ur union card before punching in but make u & ur family #1 in ur decisions. this from a 43 yr 9 mo 68 year old retired dispatcher from YRC in charlotte nc. tk u
Congrats on the years of service! I think that ABF has pretty good operating ratio given the current economic climate, hey good for ABF!