ABF | Abfs stock

Why does Saia and ODFL stock cost more then Arcbest stock, I never understood that.
Maybe because ABF pays in to a pension & Saia & ODFL don't have to. I was once told the pension payments represent about 20% more in higher freight rates, & a lower stock price. If Saia only has to match 6% in a 41k that is a lot less than 250.00 a week for pension fund obligations. 7 years ago ABF was paying 35,000 per year, per employee. 15 grand went for the medical & 20 grand went to the pension side. Not many companies pay to their employees 35 grand a year before the first dollar in wages. von.

Maybe because ABF pays in to a pension & Saia & ODFL don't have to. I was once told the pension payments represent about 20% more in higher freight rates, & a lower stock price. If Saia only has to match 6% in a 41k that is a lot less than 250.00 a week for pension fund obligations. 7 years ago ABF was paying 35,000 per year, per employee. 15 grand went for the medical & 20 grand went to the pension side. Not many companies pay to their employees 35 grand a year before the first dollar in wages. von.
I agree...I am now enjoying that generous benefit!

I understand what you're saying but UPS has the same benefits and their stock price is a lot higher then most other trucking companies