About:

Your in the house with the work horses of the trucking world Jeff, imagine how we feel...LOL, we all love it or we wouldn't do it, everyone of us has a very improtant screw loose I'm afraid...

Neal Boortz was running his pie hole the other day complaining about a Sysco truck making a delivery in his way, I tweeted him and told him to bother people sitting on their ass and leave working people alone.

A 28'? Sissy boy... :)

That's because anything longer will not fit into alot of our stops. We do alot bakeries, delis, c-stores, etc. Mom and pop business. Getting a 28' into some of the stops can be fun sometimes. We do have 3 48' that run the road. I use to leave with 1100 cases on a road route, 12 stops, 11 had to be done the first day, 550 miles from warehouse to11th stop. Wanna switch:17142:

Your in the house with the work horses of the trucking world Jeff, imagine how we feel...LOL, we all love it or we wouldn't do it, everyone of us has a very improtant screw loose I'm afraid...

The one and only requirerment for a foodservice monkey:YOU MUST BE NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hey guys. Just wondering if any of you know how much gfs pays and how much one could expect to make per week as a delivery driver. I put an app in and their greenville sc location. Thanks.

GT you think I can give all the info? Maybe I dont want to and keep everything a secret lol.

Welcome to the boards dirty dut. GT is right I do work for GFS and I think there a pretty good company. I honestly dont know how much you can make doing delivery. But how they pay is weight,Miles, and Value of the load. You also get so much per stop and you get so much to show up which I think might be around 69 a day. That depends on how long you been here. It might start at 65 a day. My drivers in my yard I beleive gross around 1200 to 1400 a week. Which isnt bad since they only work like 8 to 10 hrs a day.

You also get so much a year to buy uniforms off the uniform site. You get a gift card at christmas to use at a GFS Market Place store or the company store. We have a big christmas party every year, and also a big company picknik every summer and truck rodeos. We get profit sharing every december which is usually a pretty nice check. You can either put it all in your 401k or take it all out or put a percentage in 401 and take a percentage in a check. For the most part its a family oriented company but like any other business customers come first. Pretty much all routes go on pup trailers atleast here in WI they do and Michigan cant really say much for other warehouses. Are chain alliance warehouses go out with 50 foot trailers i believe. Equipment is decent and is usually assigned. We are buying all Volvos now.

If you want to know anything else just ask

Thanks for the info guys. Ive heard different things abouth gfs around my town. Just didnt know what they paid per mile and per case etc.

A little bit of both. I heard they dont pay as good as others but of course everything ive heard has come from people that dont work there. Thats why i wanted to hear it from somebody that actually worked for the company. I used to know a guy that worked for us foods here in greenville before they shut their plant here. He said gfs had a reputation for being a good place to work but he didnt believe you could make that much money. 1200-1400 bucks a wk sounds like pretty good money to me.

A little bit of both. I heard they dont pay as good as others but of course everything ive heard has come from people that dont work there. Thats why i wanted to hear it from somebody that actually worked for the company. I used to know a guy that worked for us foods here in greenville before they shut their plant here. He said gfs had a reputation for being a good place to work but he didnt believe you could make that much money. 1200-1400 bucks a wk sounds like pretty good money to me.
Back before PFG bought Quality Foods, that money was easy from what I've been told, like GFS you got a part of the revenue, then PFG took all that away, they lost alot of good guys over that move. If I didn't run over 1000 miles in the 5 day week I couldn't break a grand...come to think of it its been months since I broke a grand here at Sysco.

You might not make 1200-1400 right away. It all depends on your routes. Also in chicago US Foods and Sysco make more money then are drivers. Alot of guys say they dont come here for the money they come here to work for a company that cares about its drivers and employees. We make the same up here are the bigger companies maybe slightly less but I'm ok with that.

You might not make 1200-1400 right away. It all depends on your routes. Also in chicago US Foods and Sysco make more money then are drivers. Alot of guys say they dont come here for the money they come here to work for a company that cares about its drivers and employees. We make the same up here are the bigger companies maybe slightly less but I'm ok with that.
You got a point Money, that does make a huge difference, I know Sysco is only concerned about us because we are a liability, if we get hurt, well we cost the company. I would love to work for a company again that honestly cares about my well being.

There hard to find GT. Here at GFS if your route gets canceled you just ride with someone for the day. Which is nice cuz you still make some money

There hard to find GT. Here at GFS if your route gets canceled you just ride with someone for the day. Which is nice cuz you still make some money
Not here, I got lucky on fri and showed up, they offered me a route in north Tulsa and I took it, turns out it was our senior drivers route, he had only worked 2 days and was going to get only the 40 hr guarantee, he offered to let me have the route which would have given me the cases I needed but was declined, so he ran the route and still only made minimum, I rode with a guy for 8 hrs and got F'ed!!!!!!!

Alot of guys say they dont come here for the money they come here to work for a company that cares about its drivers and employees.
Number one reason that I am staying were I am. Plus we have good benifits.

What's up I see you have a lot of posts. What can you tell me about GFS chain account deliveries. Trying to choose between them or sysco Atlanta

I think chain alliance you will be pulling a 50' trailer instead of a pup. I would choose GFS or Sysco any day

What's up I see you have a lot of posts. What can you tell me about GFS chain account deliveries. Trying to choose between them or sysco Atlanta

With us building a new Distribution center in the Atlanta area, I'd get with GFS. It won't get anything but bigger. I love working here and don't regret making the move.