XPO | ac on tractors

flapjack

TB Lurker
Credits
After everything that went on Monday was told today by shop employee that they were told not to fix ac on tractors only fix safety related problems. Anybody else heard this?

a/c

After everything that went on Monday was told today by shop employee that they were told not to fix ac on tractors only fix safety related problems. Anybody else heard this?

Its been that way now for the past 1/1/2years but if you have a good tm like mine he see's to it that they get fixed!!:biglaugh::smilie_132::hide:

I could be wrong but I understood the law that forced Conway (against their will) to buy trucks with factory A/C installed also forces them to keep it operational.

The new dot regs state that a truck manufactured with A/C does have to keep functioning A/C! Start dropping dimes and see what happens!!!!!

I'm not sure but I think that only applies to sleepers, not day cabs.

you are correct sir! but don't worry your precious air will get fixed. when its time for pm if we dont have the parts we will order them and then put them on. we are concentrating on safety items yes liek if your armrest breaks it may not get fixed right away or your r/h sunvisor breaks. get my drift. although i cant even comprehend a/c right now. but we are already starting to get them geared up for summer also be patient we are way over worked right now and no o/t to catch up. and as always if you are good and kind to your mechanic he is more willing to take care of you!

you are correct sir! but don't worry your precious air will get fixed. when its time for pm if we dont have the parts we will order them and then put them on. we are concentrating on safety items yes liek if your armrest breaks it may not get fixed right away or your r/h sunvisor breaks. get my drift. although i cant even comprehend a/c right now. but we are already starting to get them geared up for summer also be patient we are way over worked right now and no o/t to catch up. and as always if you are good and kind to your mechanic he is more willing to take care of you!

You sound like some FOS's/managers I've had the pleasure to have known over the years.