ADuiePyle | Acadamy location?

welp. ::shit::. hopefully the "pay" they provide will make up for that.
this of course assuming I can get into the school. i wonder if its hard to get into the academy....:Poke:

The way theyv been doin it is you start on the dock as a part time dock worker. 5pm till whenever theyr done with you. When theyr ready for you you go to the school for 8 wks and 2 with a trainer

If you are an employee it's not that difficult. You have to be with ADP for at least 30 days and then you can state your interest to your supervisor then you will be recommended for the Academy. If you are not already an employee what FAfafooy said is correct. Also the academy currently is not being offered to the public, even tho we have become state certified. I'm not sure what the pay rate is while attending. There is a class currently in session, so it will be about a month or so till this one is over and another one starts.

I asked about it during my interview(even saw trucks driving around with student driver on it )I think he said every 6 months , they accept people.Personally I rather be yard jockey for awhile before trying getting into P&D or Linehaul.

welp. ::shit::. hopefully the "pay" they provide will make up for that. this of course assuming I can get into the school. i wonder if its hard to get into the academy....:Poke:

They put you up in a bunk room if you come from another terminal

Personally I rather be yard jockey for awhile before trying getting into P&D or Linehaul.
what in the hell s a yard jockey.. working the docks? If i don't have any experience with forklifts or anything relating to this field, will I be hired for part time dock work? tough industry to get started in...

Last edited by a moderator:
The way theyv been doin it is you start on the dock as a part time dock worker. 5pm till whenever theyr done with you. When theyr ready for you you go to the school for 8 wks and 2 with a trainer

You make it sound so glorious :p

what in the hell s a yard jockey.. working the docks? If i don't have any experience with forklifts or anything relating to this field, will I be hired for part time dock work? tough industry to get started in...

Yard jockey moves trailers around on property from and to different bay doorsor locations on the yard.
I don't have exp. and told them upfront and was willing to go to tech school for logistics& forklift training. They train on how their system works. Different companies use different systems.
And also OHSA cert. forklift training too.

oh, ok. thanks. Well I just went onto A. Duie Pyle website and put in an application/resume for a part time dock worker... I will follow your lead if by some amazing feat of God I actually hear back from them.. thanks again

Good Luck LeeLee!! I 've applied numerous times since last year. This was my third time applying Dock worker , the others were driving positions ( which I knew I probably wasn't gonna get).
Keep us posted and I'm gonna post my progress on my other thread(career with ADP)

the school runs as needed, now its been about every 3 months. how long it takes depends on how many in the terminal want to go. But that also can be decieving, you still have to be cleared to go, clean lic and good work attitude. the biiger the terminal the more the need for students. And Mass is a big terminal.

yea! after 2 months of full time Dockwork, I was cleared to be a candidate for the next class, which i was told will be the end of October. It all happened pretty quick which is awesome. Although i enjoy the dockwork, not so much the 1am shift though. But so far, it is the great company everyone said it would be. I'm so excited to start driving. i'm not very excited about "peddle driving" and trying to find all various locations while driving a massive truck...I'm sure it'll get easier once i've been doing it for a while, but it's pretty intimidating to think about.

Go for it !!!!!!

yea! after 2 months of full time Dockwork, I was cleared to be a candidate for the next class, which i was told will be the end of October. It all happened pretty quick which is awesome. Although i enjoy the dockwork, not so much the 1am shift though. But so far, it is the great company everyone said it would be. I'm so excited to start driving. i'm not very excited about "peddle driving" and trying to find all various locations while driving a massive truck...I'm sure it'll get easier once i've been doing it for a while, but it's pretty intimidating to think about.

Years back Mass a hired a woman to work the dock, she went to the driving school, became a top peddle driver and went on to win state rodeo'd !!! she is now a driver in WCH, and once she learned the area is doing quite well and scored well in the WCH rodeo recently !!!!! You will be fine.

joanne. i've heard about her... i saw her at our terminal during the rodeo.. didn't get a chance to talk to her though.

yup. Im here now. We start driving on the road on Monday. The school is great, I couldn't be happier with my decision to not go to NETTS, and work for Pyle. I am really impressed with this company. There are 3 guys in my class that already have their CDLs, paid to go to a school, and couldnt get jobs because they had no experience... thank God i didn't waste alllllll that money.