XPO | Acceptable footwear on dock

rangeman

TB Lurker
Credits
With all the new Dockworkers being introduced and the old Conway policies not being enforced, exactly what is expectable under XPO terms.Such as shirts with logos,shirts with no sleeves, and proper footwear . We had a guy that was sent home because he had steel toed sneakers on and they were not acceptable footwear. It has always been my impression that it doesn’t matter what you wear as long as they are steel toed? Anybody have any information on this or do they just enforce it as they feel fit?

It's wear what every you want. Here's the shirt I wearing next on the dock. It should be OK, It does say XPO on it

5Ut2VMy.jpg

With all the new Dockworkers being introduced and the old Conway policies not being enforced, exactly what is expectable under XPO terms.Such as shirts with logos,shirts with no sleeves, and proper footwear . We had a guy that was sent home because he had steel toed sneakers on and they were not acceptable footwear. It has always been my impression that it doesn’t matter what you wear as long as they are steel toed? Anybody have any information on this or do they just enforce it as they feel fit?
I was told leather shoes steel toes were not required

Never was a steel toe policy .

When the last mile guys worked out of our barn some years back they worn sandles. They also smoked crack pipes in the men's rooms. Ahhh looking back those were some memorable times.

I don’t have access to the p&p... is there anything in there? Never has been a steel toe policy, use to be leather boot, 8” high. But yeah, as of late seems like anything goes.

We were always told no sneakers on the dock. A lot of the day time line guys wear sneakers, since they only turn.

At my barn the FOS informed us it would be at his discretion as to what was or was not acceptable footwear. Go figure.

I wear black tennis shoes every night but they said we short handed so it’s ok but keep boots in break room so if safety guy shows up I will need change them. It’s great my feet don’t get all sweaty and stinky

At my barn the FOS informed us it would be at his discretion as to what was or was not acceptable footwear. Go figure.

Down where you live there ain't no cold or snow. I am guessing you must wear the lightest most breathable boots possible. Especially with all that damn rain.