XPO | Accident on I-20 in AL

Country Cousin

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone know about the accident with a Conway truck on I-20 between Taladaga and Pell City this week that had I-20 closed? My concern was the driver. I hope he is alright.

Thanx

Drive Safe

cc

The driver is okay.It look like the sandman was on him,he ran off I-20 down the median over corrected trying to get back on I-20 layed the set over.A new driver not even regular, conway thinks everybody should be able too work 14 hours a day on linehaule this is what you get..also heard the nnw TM was on his a** about him being late on way back from NBM gave him a loi a couple of days earlier...

i agree.... conway, want to to be available at the every itch...... and try to get some sleep, so you can work 14 hours...

glad the driver is OK, though..... hope he can find a better managed company.

I'll say it again...70hrs in 5 days is cruel and inhumane treatment. Need to keep a patch of matches next to your logbook at all times.

Bigtimer,

I am thankful the driver is alright,that is always my main concern. I agree with the 14 hours.
It fascinates me no end with all the education,computers,and folks making rules they know nothing about and don't have to live by the rules they make,CAN NOT come up with a better system on hours of service than they did in the 1930's !!!
Tell the driver we are glad he's alright.
Thank you
Drive Safe
cc

The driver is okay.It look like the sandman was on him,he ran off I-20 down the median over corrected trying to get back on I-20 layed the set over.A new driver not even regular, conway thinks everybody should be able too work 14 hours a day on linehaule this is what you get..also heard the nnw TM was on his a** about him being late on way back from NBM gave him a loi a couple of days earlier...

I remember the poster that said if we were tired to stop & take a 20 minute rest break.

Smarter that we get the freight back in 1 piece than not at all.