TForce | Accident

skeeterhawk

TB Lurker
Credits
Accident south of Memphis.
By WMC Action News 5 Staff | May 27, 2021 at 5:20 PM CDT - Updated May 27 at 5:20 PM
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - A crash in Memphis Thursday evening brought traffic to a standstill.
The accident happened on Highway 78 near the Red Banks, Mississippi exit.
Flames were seen shooting from the front of a UPS truck with the mess strewn all over the highway. Injuries have not been confirmed.
Stay with WMC Actions News 5 on air and online as we work to gather more details.

Accident south of Memphis.
By WMC Action News 5 Staff | May 27, 2021 at 5:20 PM CDT - Updated May 27 at 5:20 PM
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - A crash in Memphis Thursday evening brought traffic to a standstill.
The accident happened on Highway 78 near the Red Banks, Mississippi exit.
Flames were seen shooting from the front of a UPS truck with the mess strewn all over the highway. Injuries have not been confirmed.
Stay with WMC Actions News 5 on air and online as we work to gather more details.

Another update: I just spoke with another lady who has confirmed the driver did pass away. Y'all, please pray for this gentleman's family and pray hard. I am heartbroken! This isn't the way I prayed it would turn out.

UPDATE: I am getting word from a friend of the gentleman driving the red truck that he has died. I don't have conformation on that, but I am also getting messages from others asking me about him because they are also hearing he passed away. Just please pray for everyone involved.

When Paton and I headed out this morning on our way to Olive Branch, I could never imagine what we would see. The accident was a terrifying scene, but thank the Lord both drivers were still alive. I stayed with the UPS driver after he was pulled from his burning truck while Paton assisted the group of guys pull the other driver from the cab of his truck. Paton and I both helped get the driver of the red truck loaded in ambulance to wait on wings and we both had our hands covered in blood. One man was air lifted to to the hospital and the other was taken by ambulance. God was definitely there today and I pray both men will recover quickly. By the way....if you're headed east bound on Hwy. 78, it is closed for miles. Take an alternate route.