AAA Cooper | after fired aaa cooper

whiplash

TB Lurker
Credits
ok after being fired from aaa cooper and begging for my job back dothan denied my request and a few weeks later transfered that terminal mgr to another terminal wow how about being in mgmt for these guys ? don't buy a house !!

Dude, I know what your going through. I was top in linehaul seniority at the Philadelphia terminal, and they closed us down. I moved to Florida for a visit with relatives, and went to the terminal down here. I was told to get my Florida CDL and come see the TM when I get it to come back and I will have a position waiting for me. Not a problem. I was Living in Delaware at the time. So running back and forth to Fl and back was quit wearing. So I got my CDL, ran down to Florida's Tampa terminal and when I got there, the TM at the time (Kevin B) I think his name was, said sorry we filled the position. Tough luck. And then my wife called the office back a day later asked if they were hiring and they said yes they have a couple of positions for p and d and for me to come right in. I called Mr. B. back and asked about it and he said he didn't know what I was talking about. they didn't need anybody.
Brother I know your pain.

Dude, I know what your going through. I was top in linehaul seniority at the Philadelphia terminal, and they closed us down. I moved to Florida for a visit with relatives, and went to the terminal down here. I was told to get my Florida CDL and come see the TM when I get it to come back and I will have a position waiting for me. Not a problem. I was Living in Delaware at the time. So running back and forth to Fl and back was quit wearing. So I got my CDL, ran down to Florida's Tampa terminal and when I got there, the TM at the time (Kevin B) I think his name was, said sorry we filled the position. Tough luck. And then my wife called the office back a day later asked if they were hiring and they said yes they have a couple of positions for p and d and for me to come right in. I called Mr. B. back and asked about it and he said he didn't know what I was talking about. they didn't need anybody.

since you were an "insider", i never heard what happened in philadelphia. what happened there to make them close that terminal?

There are plenty of other places right around there though. I work right by them, watkins(fed ex), yellow, are all back in there....southeastern isnt too far nor is averitt....who are you driving for now?

since you were an "insider", i never heard what happened in philadelphia. what happened there to make them close that terminal?

:chairshot:I could guess that Dothan sent a useless TM to ruin all of Philly's business.Much like a few of the one's around here.

you can stop theft. i don't think a company is going to close a terminal over that.

i should have said a little more. the rumor had to do with a serious amount of theft that took place the weekend before they closed it. i would just like to hear it from someone that actually worked at their philly terminal.

i should have said a little more. the rumor had to do with a serious amount of theft that took place the weekend before they closed it. i would just like to hear it from someone that actually worked at their philly terminal.
I heard it was because of union talk at the philly terminal....

You heard correct.

you are completely wrong!! the theft before the weekend was major but not really the reason why.the only reason we were in philly was for rohm and haas.our rates weree not that competiative so we were deadheading alot of trailers.70% of the freight we were delivering was to the nemf yard in pennsauken for interline.it is cheaper for cooper to just interline everything in chr.act had lost the rohm and haas account and thats what was filling our out bound trailers.i'm not sure if r&h was lost system wide but for our area we were out bid on it i think by volpe express.
act phl wich was actaully in burlington nj but originally in bensalem pa did not close because of the theft or because of union talk.the only time union was an isue here was a long time ago and Mac came to visit us and gave us a great big raise union problems went away.i held several positions at those centers and have much of the inside scoop on alot of things that went on.bradly did not want the center there and it wasn't operating good enough without r&h