Yellow | After the Union Meeting

My vote is an even firmer NO. Now I have confirmed for a fact they have set little or no limits on how far they will go when bringing our work rules down to the worst in the country. I have confirmed there is nothing that assures a pension of any amount, even if the vote were to be Yes. I have confirmed that work conditions will be a hybrid similar to UPS casuals at Conway(working conditions). I have confirmed that we (Teamsters) have given them more than enough to pay off the debt they claim they are struggling under, yet they continue to spend hundreds of millions of dollars overseas building another company and hundreds of millions of dollars in the US building up competing networks, instead of paying the debt. A company truly broke would not make these financial decisions.

western pension is an "all or nothing " deal said so at our meeting yesterday. They will not allow contributions at 25%. I got 20 years vested IN... Im only 47...vote YES and im looking at 18 MORE years to lock my pension when im 65???
give YRC 38 years of service to collect my "frozen" pension????? thats an easy HELL NO!!!!!!!

My vote is an even firmer NO. Now I have confirmed for a fact they have set little or no limits on how far they will go when bringing our work rules down to the worst in the country. I have confirmed there is nothing that assures a pension of any amount, even if the vote were to be Yes. I have confirmed that work conditions will be a hybrid similar to UPS casuals at Conway(working conditions). I have confirmed that we (Teamsters) have given them more than enough to pay off the debt they claim they are struggling under, yet they continue to spend hundreds of millions of dollars overseas building another company and hundreds of millions of dollars in the US building up competing networks, instead of paying the debt. A company truly broke would not make these financial decisions.

The crap company knows they can get away with all of this and then some with the onions blessing, after all they've got a perfect model with CF. I still can't believe this poc onion gave all those linehaul jobs to freakin non onion glenn moore. Non onion and they're still losing tons of cash. PS: Wonder how much cash the onion burned through this weekend in D.C. at the pro-communist rally.

yea some of these new work rules have nothing to do with saving money, and 15% for 5 more years ?? or maybe more ???? BUT think about this WHY would YRC ever show a profit when they know the union and Banks are right there with there hand out asking for money ????? plus this way they can control the union too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we were told to vote yes is to give this company a chance. at least 2 times they came very close to not meeting payroll due to liquid asset shortage. vote no and it would mean liquidation. was told that company side is very arrogant.

The crap company knows they can get away with all of this and then some with the onions blessing, after all they've got a perfect model with CF. I still can't believe this poc onion gave all those linehaul jobs to freakin non onion glenn moore. Non onion and they're still losing tons of cash. PS: Wonder how much cash the onion burned through this weekend in D.C. at the pro-communist rally.

Last week I could not even spell union , now I have a job peeling them!

''yet they continue to spend hundreds of millions of dollars overseas building another company and hundreds of millions of dollars in the US building up competing networks, instead of paying the debt. A company truly broke would not make these financial decisions.''

But can you prove any of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where were you when all the links to the Chinese operations on You Tube were posted? Where were you when they were hiring like crazy and buying thousands of tractors and trailers for USF Glen Moore? Has your memory gotten that bad?

Those Chinese links are all 3-4 years old, Holland is getting some of our used equipment because they actually have freight to pull around with them.

Vote? Whats that?

Before you cast a vote, research, realize, and be aware of what exactly you're voting for, against, and weigh both long term and overall effects your vote may have on peoples lives.

The company is struggling. They may have made mistakes. The question is whether they are better off BK or CHPT 11, or in alliance with the union for a recovery.

If you have no trust, no hope, and wish for no job w/ YRC Worldwide, by all means, vote no and apply at Fedex or UPS. However, if you feel flexibility may prevail and your patience will finally be rewarded with stability and a pension, you may want to consider a YES vote at this very important critical time.

Glta

Before you cast a vote, research, realize, and be aware of what exactly you're voting for, against, and weigh both long term and overall effects your vote may have on peoples lives.

The company is struggling. They may have made mistakes. The question is whether they are better off BK or CHPT 11, or in alliance with the union for a recovery.

If you have no trust, no hope, and wish for no job w/ YRC Worldwide, by all means, vote no and apply at Fedex or UPS. However, if you feel flexibility may prevail and your patience will finally be rewarded with stability and a pension, you may want to consider a YES vote at this very important critical time.

Glta

Thank You ... vote no :hissyfit: and YRC ceases to exist ... I have a degree and tall experience so I'll move on ...feel for those that do not ...btw - degree or not it's still ruff in this sector...good luck.

the people who want to vote no should vote yes and take a leave of abscence if they think the grass is greener elsewhere just quit and move on and prove everybody wrong

the people who want to vote no should vote yes and take a leave of abscence if they think the grass is greener elsewhere just quit and move on and prove everybody wrong
I think that everyone that wants to work for $12.00 per hour with no pension should leave on their own, and leave the rest of us with a good paying job. Don't bring us down with you.