Everything is quarterbacking until the print press rolls then let's see how many vote.
Until then, it's just info already out there.. all points of view just relaying info.. don't shoot the messenger.. please
I apologize, I didn't mean to sound so negative.
I'm like everyone else, I just want a good outcome.
It's been a long road...

Good luck to you all... I hope this contract pans out as something positive and can begin to restore the right that has been wrong for so long. As a driver for UPS package, the only thing I can tell you is to get off of your asses and vote. Yes or no, just VOTE! Whether online, which is stupid easy and takes all of 2 minutes, by phone or in person, please vote. We fell victim to the 2/3 and yes vs. no percentage vote and our master was ratified as were most of the regional supplements. We have the privilege of having 2 tier wages now, which means new package drivers will make less money, work on the weekends, when Saturday and Sunday ground are inevitably introduced, and not get OT protection. There are 3 or 4 supplements still needing to be voted on until the whole shebang is implemented. Moral of my post... please vote and if it is an overwhelming no vote, make them go back to the table. Make Hoffa do his job instead of throwing you under the bus. Ernie Soehl might be a good negotiator, but it is Hoffa who will tie his hands and push the contract through whether the rank and file likes it or not.

Good luck to you all... I hope this contract pans out as something positive and can begin to restore the right that has been wrong for so long. As a driver for UPS package, the only thing I can tell you is to get off of your asses and vote. Yes or no, just VOTE! Whether online, which is stupid easy and takes all of 2 minutes, by phone or in person, please vote. We fell victim to the 2/3 and yes vs. no percentage vote and our master was ratified as were most of the regional supplements. We have the privilege of having 2 tier wages now, which means new package drivers will make less money, work on the weekends, when Saturday and Sunday ground are inevitably introduced, and not get OT protection. There are 3 or 4 supplements still needing to be voted on until the whole shebang is implemented. Moral of my post... please vote and if it is an overwhelming no vote, make them go back to the table. Make Hoffa do his job instead of throwing you under the bus. Ernie Soehl might be a good negotiator, but it is Hoffa who will tie his hands and push the contract through whether the rank and file likes it or not.
Thank You

$4/ hr over 5 years
$1 1st year
Vacation back
No more dot put you to bed to screw you out of bed time
Slight increase pension
No 15%
But no increase to 15% loss or bringing pay equal to abf or what we should have
My answer is no

$4/ hr over 5 years
$1 1st year
Vacation back
Slight increase pension
No 15%
My answer is no
No to what??? Your speculation?
If so, you answered yourself before anyone could comment. .lol
I think we have the jist of your notion.

$4 hr over 5yrs is what y'all are hoping for?!?
This is 2019,not 1989. Thats not even 4%,and that being the case, with inflation being what it is, you'll be making LESS at the end of those 5yrs.

6-8% is reasonable, and given the current driver shortage, is demanded.

In 2018, YRC Freight had 14,300 terminal doors, handling 10.1 million shipments, while the regional carriers had 6,750 doors and handled 10.4 million shipments.

Wow, 300,000 less shipments yet 7,550 more doors.
I realize YRC covers more areas than the regionals but not that much more,at least I don’t think.I would say Florida and Louisiana would be the primary areas they run that the regionals don’t have a presence in.

I remember when at C.F. the union required company to have terminals everywhere.City Operations were ( not exactly) 50 mile radius.

Is it still like that at YRC.? If YRC. could change their model and
consolidate 2 or 3 thousand doors I would think they would really be kicking some ass.
Holland ( at least in Atlanta) is just the opposite. We desperately need another terminal.We run most of the state with one terminal.

Back to the contract. I’m expecting the 5% back out of the gate.That would be a pretty healthy raise.
I hope Union doesn’t force company to contribute more into the Central States dumpster fire.I will vote it down.

$4/ hr over 5 years
$1 1st year
Vacation back
Slight increase pension
No 15%
My answer is no
If what you say is true about the contract take it I didn't think we would get anywhere close to that! Be realistic a return to full pay and pension would cost around $750 Million a year YRCW lost too much freight and revenue almost $10 Billion revenue company to $5 Billion.

bcJZdiP.jpg

Holy :shit:t, it sounds we are getting a lot more than I expected.Sounds like maybe a 10% raise out of the gate.

Who wrote this info?

$4 hr over 5yrs is what y'all are hoping for?!?
This is 2019,not 1989. Thats not even 4%,and that being the case, with inflation being what it is, you'll be making LESS at the end of those 5yrs.

6-8% is reasonable, and given the current driver shortage, is demanded.
Nope that’s what it is
Sit back and wait for the mail
I’m fully aware of what you’re saying I’ve been a teamster for 35 years
My vote is no
But this is the offer you’ll see soon enough

If what you say is true about the contract take it I didn't think we would get anywhere close to that! Be realistic a return to full pay and pension would cost around $750 Million a year YRCW lost too much freight and revenue almost $10 Billion revenue company to $5 Billion.
They stopped the 15%, however they didn’t bring our pay to where it should be & not even up to par with abf
Pension only a slight increase which keeps us in the same failed state which is why western conference is negotiating separate

If we’re actually getting $4 an hour over 5 years, plus vacation back, plus maintain our H&W, that’s a good deal IMO. I don’t know what the raises are over the life of the contract, but I am confident that our raises are front loaded.

If we’re actually getting $4 an hour over 5 years, plus vacation back, plus maintain our H&W, that’s a good deal IMO. I don’t know what the raises are over the life of the contract, but I am confident that our raises are front loaded.
$1 to start remaining $3 over the next 4 , guessing.75/ each year
The sad thing is those of us that were here for the full 10 years & gave up $120-150,000+ & stayed the course, not jumped ship, would’ve been nice to be brought back to where we should be but we all knew that wouldn’t happen, wishful thinking, however the inks not dry & not a done deal till completion