Alabama deputies shoot out tires, unleash canine, to stop wrong way semi driver in downtown Mobile

A

Ashley

3HX44LIT2REHVEUKLZXFVMBAMQ-600x450.jpg

Law enforcement in Mobile, Alabama, arrested a truck driver on Thursday after he refused to stop for police while driving the wrong way on I-165 and I-10.

The incident began on Thursday night as the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) was executing unrelated warrants in the Prichard area.

Deputies spotted a semi truck traveling the wrong way at I-165 and Beauregard Street and attempted to stop the truck. The driver refused to pull over.

Deputies pursued the truck as it reportedly traveled the wrong way on several one way streets and rammed the gate at a container yard. The truck also went west on eastbound I-10 at speeds up to 30 m.p.h., MCSO said.

When the wrong way truck approached the the Michigan Avenue exit on I-10, deputies were able to shoot out the truck’s tires to disable the vehicle.

The truck driver then allegedly exited the cab and tried to flee on foot but was apprehended with help from a canine unit.

YOPA4P4JNJGK5LUNBMAD632G7Y.jpg.webp

The suspect, later identified as Christopher Foster, was arrested without further incident and charged with criminal mischief, reckless endangerment, possession of a controlled substance, resisting arrest, and attempting to elude.

AL.com reports that methamphetamine was found in Foster’s possession.

Continue reading...