TForce | Alain Bedard

Yinzer

TB Lurker
Credits
has anyone from heard any talk about Alain Bedard wanting to acquire Saia? I know Saia has bought hundreds of old UPS freight trailers but now I've heard drivers actually talk about it.

I wouldn't doubt in the future of any company trying to expand by purchase, but TFI 'stole' ups freight from UPS. They are never going to get a deal like that, on a public traded company, ever.
It was almost as good a deal as John 'fedderwoman' fedderman, buying a condo from his sister for $1.

has anyone from heard any talk about Alain Bedard wanting to acquire Saia? I know Saia has bought hundreds of old UPS freight trailers but now I've heard drivers actually talk about it.
that will never happen for multiple reasons primarily SAIA is non union and privately owned. SAIA has a profit margin TForce could only dream about.

Sadly, anything is possible with the contract coming up quickly.
Healthcare costs IMHO will be targeted, used as a negotiation tactic.
They are loaded with cash and acquiring another company is not out of the question.
IMHO XPO is riper than Saia. They could delay and drag out a negotiation with the Union forcing an unpleasant ending for some. They want an OR of 80, and they will get it somehow.

Yeah, but remember all the talk about UPS acquiring ABF, and some other company i cant remember, when we were first purchased. And then another rumor about there only being 3 major LTL companies in the next 10 years.

Well, double that time passed and none of it true. It was all discussed here on the boards, well before the big crash.

Sadly, anything is possible with the contract coming up quickly.
Healthcare costs IMHO will be targeted, used as a negotiation tactic.
They are loaded with cash and acquiring another company is not out of the question.
IMHO XPO is riper than Saia. They could delay and drag out a negotiation with the Union forcing an unpleasant ending for some. They want an OR of 80, and they will get it somehow.
My money would be on XPO also because owner is looking to sell and they have done business before buying XPO TL I believe and more importantly their equipment is also white and the cheap bastards can just slap a cheesy TForce decal on the equipment for a rebrand. Definitely look better than the Transport America vans disaster TFI is sending us.

Trans force is in no position to buy another company. I don't see any fire sales in the future. The ups sale was a once in a lifetime deal.

that will never happen for multiple reasons primarily SAIA is non union and privately owned. SAIA has a profit margin TForce could only dream about.
I don't know how many times you can put your foot in your mouth and show your lack of credibility.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saia.
Do a search before you post. You won't look so biased. We know you hate the union and are jealous of our medical.

I don't know how many times you can put your foot in your mouth and show your lack of credibility.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saia.
Do a search before you post. You won't look so biased. We know you hate the union and are jealous of our medical.
Don't use God's name in vain again .
(It was removed by me No port .)