ALBANY, N.Y. -Old Dominon Driver Ran Over by his Own Truck Fatal Accident

"The preliminary investigation seemed is that the driver pulled to the shoulder of the road for some reason and mechanically or some equipment malfunctioned and it appears the truck started while he was out of the vehicle started southbound and it did run over him,"

So the truck started itself, put itself in gear and released its own brakes…something doesn't sound right here...

So the truck started itself, put itself in gear and released its own brakes…something doesn't sound right here...

Sounds like the investigator doesn't fully know what he is talking about. Seems that the driver failed to set the brakes. In any event a tragedy. God bless.

Sounds like the driver got out (biological emergency?), forgot to set the brakes or the brakes didn't fully set. Tragic. God bless his family.

Absolutely terrible. R.I.P. Driver. Cant tell you folks how many times a week i have to pull out of a pit dock to retrieve dropped pens, sunglasses etc that fall out of my pocket. I pull out, pull the brake valves then shut down. Getting crushed is not the way i want to go out

Ok, I can understand a malfunction starting an engine, but releasing the brakes and puttin the truck in gear? WTF???

Why didn't the driver notice the engine starting if this was a malfunction?

So sad to see any trucker that is killed on the job.

However I can only speculate to the cause like the rest of you who have posted on this topic.
I imagine he had to urinate really,bad so he got over to the side of the highway.
Without thinking, he may have jumped out of the tractor,was heading around to the side,by the guardrail, so as not to be seen by any motorists.
But the set was on enough of an incline to cause it to roll forward.
May he rest in peace.