Yellow | Albuquerque Questions?

abqdude

TB Lurker
Credits
Let me start by saying Hello to everyone on this board. Now that's over, I've got questions? Are there any active YRC drivers on this board? Ive got some questions for them.

Thanks!

Mike

How is it like at the Abq barn??? Good,bad or ugly??? I was hired on as a less then one year line haul guy. But I just found there no trainers at this barn and no one wants to get trained!

Last edited:
Sorry i thought you were looking to talk to anyone in the system. You'll have to wait and see if sombody from Abq answers.
Again, Sorry about that.

How is it like at the Abq barn??? Good,bad or ugly??? I was hired on as a less then one year line haul guy. But I just found there no trainers at this barn and no one wants to get trained!
You were hired with less then one year experience as a line haul driver?

You were hired with less then one year experience as a line haul driver?

Yrc has a training program, one month aka 160 hrs. Then your put on a team line haul run. Then I was told you go through the process get matched with permanent'ish teamate. After that, I have no idea what happens??? I just know that I don't want to do P&D. I just heard from hr dept. With no trainers in Abq, I switched my job app. to el paso. I be there for a year.....

Sorry i thought you were looking to talk to anyone in the system. You'll have to wait and see if sombody from Abq answers.
Again, Sorry about that.

Naa, it's cool. Do you have any good insight? I am 13 yr Class B cdl vet. But new to the world of class A driving. With all the problems at this point with the union contract and yrc's future. I am hoping that everything works out on both fronts. I was at my last company for just over 13 yrs. I want a new home to retire from. Things don't have to be prefect, just run kinda okay and I earn a decent living...

Yrc has a training program, one month aka 160 hrs. Then your put on a team line haul run. Then I was told you go through the process get matched with permanent'ish teamate. After that, I have no idea what happens??? I just know that I don't want to do P&D. I just heard from hr dept. With no trainers in Abq, I switched my job app. to el paso. I be there for a year.....

Where's the union? Read the agreement between the company and the union, should have all the details.

Naa, it's cool. Do you have any good insight? I am 13 yr Class B cdl vet. But new to the world of class A driving. With all the problems at this point with the union contract and yrc's future. I am hoping that everything works out on both fronts. I was at my last company for just over 13 yrs. I want a new home to retire from. Things don't have to be prefect, just run kinda okay and I earn a decent living...
Just out of curiosity, was your last company in Albuquerque? If so, what company was it?

It was my families small business, we closed down this May.... It really sucked when we shut down!
If you want to stay in Albuquerque and learn about LTL trucking, my advise would be to put in an application at the ABF breakbulk on Mcleod over by Uncle Cliffs. You might be able to get on the dock working freight. As far as I know, they don't run sleeper teams.

I've already tried to get on with them. I've been in contact with their hr dept many times. According to the hr reps I've spoke to, they will not be doing any hiring of drivers with less the two yrs exp out of that yard. They have other yards out of state that do training for guys with less then 2 yrs. I looked into saia, same thing. They only take driver with 2 yrs exp. I am set on doing line haul + drop&hook. I am getting to old to do touch freight... I refuse to work mega companies and don't want to otr and never know when I'll be home. So I guess that working out of el paso for a year will be my pentance for wanting to be a trucker.

I'm not from Albuquerque, or even YRC, but welcome to the board! We're always good for a laugh, and sometimes even good for getting information! Best of luck running sleeper team!

I shudder at the thought of running team and sleeping while my copilot has my life in his hands, and one with no experience would be a no go for me but I do hope that everything works out for you.

I've already tried to get on with them. I've been in contact with their hr dept many times. According to the hr reps I've spoke to, they will not be doing any hiring of drivers with less the two yrs exp out of that yard. They have other yards out of state that do training for guys with less then 2 yrs. I looked into saia, same thing. They only take driver with 2 yrs exp. I am set on doing line haul + drop&hook. I am getting to old to do touch freight... I refuse to work mega companies and don't want to otr and never know when I'll be home. So I guess that working out of el paso for a year will be my pentance for wanting to be a trucker.
Have you tried RAC Transport?

I shudder at the thought of running team and sleeping while my copilot has my life in his hands, and one with no experience would be a no go for me but I do hope that everything works out for you.
It helps a lot to do it with someone you already trust. Father/son and husband/wife teams are increasingly more common in the field. Some people do it with friends. Being assigned a partner is usually a last resort, and it takes a brave individual to be a trainer.