Reddaway | All Reddaway employees will give up 15% or...

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
In a couple of weeks all votes will be complete for all Reddaway employees concerning the 15% give back. YRCW and the IBT are saying every Reddaway employee will agree to the 15% give back or else YRCW will merge Reddaway in to YRC. Reddaway employees that are Union are under a white paper contract. This means that all Reddaway employees would end tail behind YRC employees, per the NMFA. In other words the threat is agree to the 15% give back or the laid off YRC guys will be doing Reddaway's work and the current Reddaway guys will be laid off. It's your choice to make guys, they're trying to do Reddaway just like they did New Penn.

In a couple of weeks all votes will be complete for all Reddaway employees concerning the 15% give back. YRCW and the IBT are saying every Reddaway employee will agree to the 15% give back or else YRCW will merge Reddaway in to YRC. Reddaway employees that are Union are under a white paper contract. This means that all Reddaway employees would end tail behind YRC employees, per the NMFA. In other words the threat is agree to the 15% give back or the laid off YRC guys will be doing Reddaway's work and the current Reddaway guys will be laid off. It's your choice to make guys, they're trying to do Reddaway just like they did New Penn.
Thats probably what their gonna do anyway
:ranting2:

That is exactly what they will do anyway. Its just they want the giveback and then they will implement the plan to merge.

Every Reddaway employee doesn't agree, but they will take it, because there aren't enough employees who will vote no.
What about the Reddaway contract article that says when they bring work, they dovetail? That will be a good legal battle, if the union can muster up.
If the merge does happen, customers will flee, because Yellow has proven time and time again, that they can't service the freight like Redd can.
Yes, they are giving them the NP shuffle.

Not that yrc is none for doing what makes sense. But even without the wage reduction we still make less then yrc NP and Holland why would they want to merge us and bring back guy's what make more money

No, but that is what they will wait for. That way they can say "we tried everything" and try to make themselves look good. Good old politics.
True dat

Not that yrc is none for doing what makes sense. But even without the wage reduction we still make less then yrc NP and Holland why would they want to merge us and bring back guy's what make more money
The managers don't run the place anymore. The bean counters do. It doesn't matter how little or how much sense it makes. When the bean counters tell them "option b will save you X amount of dollars a month over option a" the managers understand that will extend the lifespan of the company and execute option b.
Customer service is not factored in.
The impact on employees is not factored in (or considered for that matter.)
All that counts is money.

True dat

The managers don't run the place anymore. The bean counters do. It doesn't matter how little or how much sense it makes. When the bean counters tell them "option b will save you X amount of dollars a month over option a" the managers understand that will extend the lifespan of the company and execute option b.
Customer service is not factored in.
The impact on employees is not factored in (or considered for that matter.)
All that counts is money.

You got that right. The bottom line is all that matters. I cringe at what YRCW has done to Reddaway. What was a great company is nothing anymore. It really sucks.

So the IBT has been touting this "Equal Sacrifice" B.S. for quite some time now. I think everyone needs to compare #5 of the Reddaway MOU and #6 of the YRC Amended MOU about H&W and tell me this is equal sacrifice. To take it one step further think about the Pension contributions YRC will get once their H&W is fully restored versus what Reddaway offered in the NW Agreement. That alone was enough for a no vote from me, not to mention the hit dock workers are going to be taking in wages, so, as the company put it "We can bring the dock workers in the NW agreement down closer to the same level, wage wise, as the Western Agreement."

Reddaway employees that are Union are under a white paper contract. This means that all Reddaway employees would end tail behind YRC employees, per the NMFA. In other words the threat is agree to the 15% give back or the laid off YRC guys will be doing Reddaway's work and the current Reddaway guys will be laid off.

I'm not questioning your statement, however can you provide us with the backup in the contract(s) that address this issue?

So the IBT has been touting this "Equal Sacrifice" B.S. for quite some time now. I think everyone needs to compare #5 of the Reddaway MOU and #6 of the YRC Amended MOU about H&W and tell me this is equal sacrifice. To take it one step further think about the Pension contributions YRC will get once their H&W is fully restored versus what Reddaway offered in the NW Agreement. That alone was enough for a no vote from me, not to mention the hit dock workers are going to be taking in wages, so, as the company put it "We can bring the dock workers in the NW agreement down closer to the same level, wage wise, as the Western Agreement."

Can you provide us with a link or such to these MOU's? Something that we could read ourselves?

YRCW Management is Evil. Yet I think I will buy more stock, because I think the company will become Profitable. 19.45 an hour, was that 1999 ? We are the lowest paid major trucking company in America, we should be in the black soon, even with our bean counters being from the Obama School of Econ.

It does not matter what makes sense. It is to show every employee who is boss. That they run the show not the employees or the union. They will shut you down like they did to a division in canada. They do not care about servicing the customer. The bean counters look at the end game how much they will save eliminating that terminal. Sell the terminal, move the equipment to others less employees and mgmt = $$$$$$.

Can you provide us with a link or such to these MOU's? Something that we could read ourselves?

I know of no link but they should have been handed out at your explanation meeting. If they weren't I don't know how you could have voted on something without reading it through. I would call my union and ask to get a copy of the original YRC MOU, the amended YRC MOU and the Reddaway MOU. Put all of those together and that is what you are currently voting on. Every member should have had a copy of all of these before they voted.

I'm not questioning your statement, however can you provide us with the backup in the contract(s) that address this issue?

To my knowledge there's no public link to the full NMFA posted on the web any longer? The NMFA has language in it (Section 5) that provides for protections for NMFA members being dovetailed or end tailed in to a company merger between company's that both belong to the NMFA. But when it's with another non-NMFA company, the non-NMFA member company employees will be end tailed behind the current NMFA company employees. Before the company's are merged together they agree to all current contract language. Since the NMFA has protection language in it and the white paper contract doesn't, the NMFA contract language will prevail. That's the best I can do.

I'm not trying to control or sway anyones vote by posting this info. I'm not trying to frighten anyone, I'm only putting it out there because I think it stinks that people voting don't really have much choice, IMO.

If they vote yes they will lose money, if they vote no they might lose their job. What kind of choice is that? Not much IMO. :shrug:

I know of no link but they should have been handed out at your explanation meeting. If they weren't I don't know how you could have voted on something without reading it through. I would call my union and ask to get a copy of the original YRC MOU, the amended YRC MOU and the Reddaway MOU. Put all of those together and that is what you are currently voting on. Every member should have had a copy of all of these before they voted.

I'm not union member, so I wouldn't have been given these documents, nor voted. I only asked the question for my own general knowledge, as I've been asked these questions before, thought I had the answer but had no way to back that answer up. Thanks.

What makes any Reddaway employee think that they are any different from a New Penn or Holland employee? You should have been giving back 15 percent a long time ago just like New Penn and Holland. We should be the ones complaining if you haven't been giving back during the same period of time we have been on giveback. Get in step with the program.

If thats the case we should be complaining!!!! that New Penn and holland make more money then us even before we take are cut. If they want equal they should put us up to there wages.:ranting2::Flame-On:

15 percent is 15 percent. It doesn't matter how much you were making before the cut, or how much we were making before the cut. We took 15 percent cut, so you as a member of the yrc family obligated to take a 15 percent cut. Equal sacrifice is what the MOU stated.