ABF | Allentown terminal

I know but I will like to know if anyone here is from that terminal, I will like to know the culture in that terminal, because every terminal is different.
We had a guy transfer from there to Wilkes Barre about 8 months ago because a lack of work. Hopefully things picked up there….

Well that’s not what I wanted to hear. Lol
I can tell you my old TM transferred there. He is a yes man, so whatever the fort wants they get. I used to run through there every night on my way to New Haven CT. Most of the guys I know and worked with are a good bunch of guys.

I can tell you my old TM transferred there. He is a yes man, so whatever the fort wants they get. I used to run through there every night on my way to New Haven CT. Most of the guys I know and worked with are a good bunch of guys.
Any word when UE is going to start running New Haven again?

UE work should be road work not city.
Question, how many road guys are going to take a bid, that requires them to load and unload their own trailers? Because that's the only way it's works to move the next day and two day freight on time. Just read all the posts about late freight the EOL guys complained about after they stopped it. Now I will agree with you, the Monday thru Friday bids running to the bulks with sets should be road work and not classified as UE work. Just mho.

Question, how many road guys are going to take a bid, that requires them to load and unload their own trailers? Because that's the only way it's works to move the next day and two day freight on time. Just read all the posts about late freight the EOL guys complained about after they stopped it. Now I will agree with you, the Monday thru Friday bids running to the bulks with sets should be road work and not classified as UE work. Just mho.
Happens all the time at 042. Every year we at bid time we can go to the local side and take a UE bid. A lot of road drivers used to be city guys.

UE work should be road work not city.
The UE is a different animal, for sure. I ran it for a while (forced onto it) about 10 years ago. As was the norm (and STILL is from what I hear), my old barn was grossly understaffed. We ran sets to the BB, worked the dock for an unspecified amount of time, then took another set back to the EOL. Game…set…match, right? Nope!! “There’s an early (late for me) liftgate run for you, then a U-Pack to pickup.” You feel a little exploited at times. How many road drivers would come off of a road bid into that situation?

The UE is a different animal, for sure. I ran it for a while (forced onto it) about 10 years ago. As was the norm (and STILL is from what I hear), my old barn was grossly understaffed. We ran sets to the BB, worked the dock for an unspecified amount of time, then took another set back to the EOL. Game…set…match, right? Nope!! “There’s an early (late for me) liftgate run for you, then a U-Pack to pickup.” You feel a little exploited at times. How many road drivers would come off of a road bid into that situation?
they tried that with us at first, but we then started to be to tired to safely drive anymore.

they tried that with us at first, but we then started to be to tired to safely drive anymore.
Only takes 1 formal complaint under 392.3 to the local DOT or OSHA office & that crap WILL stop. But, you GOT TO file the complaint. Do it under the whistleblower Act & your name will not be exposed. Maybe. But once you file under the whistleblower Act they usually leave you alone. But, if you have a BA with a backbone, it will never get that far. About 12 years ago @ 050 Indy, we had a problem with bad lighting in the yard. When a road driver (Geneva Honneycutt) filed a complaint & they came out @ night to do the inspection, the company spent 15 grand to become compliant. Once they did OSHA dropped the threat of a fine & we had the yard lit up like the 4th of July. But, it took a formal complaint to get ABF to act. von.