Alvan (sp?) out of Michigan

Piano Man

Please don’t tell my mom I’m a freight hauler.
Credits
Anyone remember this little union carrier? I do, but can’t find anything out about them. They went out of business around the Great Recession if memory serves. Regional carrier. Always decent employees. Can’t even find pics of their old trucks on the web. Red sterling freight specials.

I always wondered how they got away with that. The same happened with Lakeville Motor Express, shut down came back as LME. Dohrn is another one.

I always wondered how they got away with that. The same happened with Lakeville Motor Express, shut down came back as LME. Dohrn is another one.
Me too. It's almost like the union gets paid off, shrugs their shoulders, and lies about it.

I haul steel out of Detroit, there's one Detroit Pittsburgh motor freight owner operator left, and his truck just runs a capacity transport sticker anyway. They're just letting him retire.

George f Alger corp still has a couple teamsters left, but they're also just letting them retire.the successor company is champion truck line.

Most all the steel hauler companies were union, and they were all let go.

Me too. It's almost like the union gets paid off, shrugs their shoulders, and lies about it.

I haul steel out of Detroit, there's one Detroit Pittsburgh motor freight owner operator left, and his truck just runs a capacity transport sticker anyway. They're just letting him retire.

George f Alger corp still has a couple teamsters left, but they're also just letting them retire.the successor company is champion truck line.

Most all the steel hauler companies were union, and they were all let go.
I see steel hauler in Ohio called Bowling

Checked out the web site. What a gas. Ran linehaul out of Ft. Wayne for 11 years. Great company. Don't know who posted the web page but the copyright date is from 2002. Some of the contact names(lwade and rmaggard) I recognize but I know are not with them anymore. Company went belly-up in 2009, just to many issues against them. My guess is someone just screwing around. Charlie has died and don't think Jim could get the financials to reopen.

Checked out the web site. What a gas. Ran linehaul out of Ft. Wayne for 11 years. Great company. Don't know who posted the web page but the copyright date is from 2002. Some of the contact names(lwade and rmaggard) I recognize but I know are not with them anymore. Company went belly-up in 2009, just to many issues against them. My guess is someone just screwing around. Charlie has died and don't think Jim could get the financials to reopen.
I was running thru Fort Wayne and out front of the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum two car loads of dancers were in a crash and arguing and beating each other with high heel shoe, it was a great night

I kinda remember Alvan was buddies with Super Cartage in Chicago

Yes, we were. Down on Throop off of Canalport, just west of Chinatown. Wide open dock, tight doors, colder as hell in winter time with the snow blowing across the dock.
They had a mechanic that made a great b-b-q sauce. Small batch and sold it at street fairs and the like. Was trying to get it in local stores. Don't know if he ever did.

Yes, we were. Down on Throop off of Canalport, just west of Chinatown. Wide open dock, tight doors, colder as hell in winter time with the snow blowing across the dock.
They had a mechanic that made a great b-b-q sauce. Small batch and sold it at street fairs and the like. Was trying to get it in local stores. Don't know if he ever did.
Beautiful ,across street from the famous radio tower building , I was a block away on Loomis at Carmichael Cartage Company ,Super Cartage was good at helping out felons with second chance