Am I the only one here from NY?I received a ballot to except,or reject the cuts.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
However I followed the printed instructions to vote on-line.
After doing exactly what the instructions said,I was given no place to vote on-line.
I private messaged the one retired Teamster friend on my facebook to see if he had the same problem.
But haven't seen any reply from him.
So here I am on the TB board looking to see if there is anyone else that can help me out in this regard.

Well then ABFer that is just dandy,my written notice gave me the website & also informed me if I didn't submit a vote either way.
That would automatically mean a vote to except the cuts.

The envelope did contain a paper ballot,to send to an address in Portland,Oregon.
Or a 877 number to call in a vote,however I figured it would be a lot safer to vote on-line.

The last date to record a ballot is 9/6/17,so I have a little time left to think over my options.
I was really hopping to get some support from a few trucking board members from my NYS pension fund.
Gee I'd think with all the folks that come to this message board,there'd be at least one.

However I followed the printed instructions to vote on-line.
After doing exactly what the instructions said,I was given no place to vote on-line.
I private messaged the one retired Teamster friend on my facebook to see if he had the same problem.
But haven't seen any reply from him.
So here I am on the TB board looking to see if there is anyone else that can help me out in this regard.
Apostolic, I thought you were teamster 707 / overnight / ups freight pension fund? The New York state teamster conference pension fund cuts will pass whether you vote or not. Non votes are yes votes/ and the liability would be more than a billion to PBGC so they would override a no vote. Since your pension fund was a $5,000 dollars a month at thirty years. A 29% cut is still over $3,500 a month. New York conference teamsters probably aren't complaining much to their poor brothers in CSPF.

I was in local 118 for just under 21 years.
My pension is a little under $1000.00,however I'll have a little over $2200.00 per year cut from my pension.
It will hurt,but it won't kill me,because my wife & I receive social security.
My wife also gets payments from a pension for her 32 years as a School Bus driver.
We were also able to stay in her group health insurance,with our school district.
Which really helps out only costing us 2 grand a year

I'm no where as bad as a driver I know that had over 30 years,he told me his loss will be $1800.00 per year.
With the cost of living a single person may be comfortable living on the reduced pension & social security.
But when your used to living on a pension,& have it cut so much,it would be a big adjustment.

As for voting I figured it would be a waste of time,like all of the Teamster President votes.
When everyone I saw after the election & asked said they didn't vote for Hoffa,yet he always was re-elected with flying colors.

Last edited:
I was in local 118 for just under 21 years.
My pension is a little under $1000.00,however I'll have a little over $2200.00 per year cut from my pension.
It will hurt,but it won't kill me,because my wife & I receive social security.
My wife also gets payments from a pension for her 32 years as a School Bus driver.
We were also able to stay in her group health insurance,with our school district.
Which really helps out only costing us 2 grand a year

I'm no where as bad as a driver I know that had over 30 years,he told me his loss will be $1800.00 per year.
With the cost of living a single person may be comfortable living on the reduced pension & social security.
But when your used to living on a pension,& have it cut so much,it would be a big adjustment.

As for voting I figured it would be a waste of time,like all of the Teamster President votes.
When everyone I saw after the election & asked said they didn't vote for Hoffa,yet he always was re-elected with fly colors.
Apostolic, if I'm reading your post correctly, for your just under 21 years of service with local 118 you receive a just under $1000.00 per month pension payment?

Apostolic, if I'm reading your post correctly, for your just under 21 years of service with local 118 you receive a just under $1000.00 per month pension payment?
Said he was in for 21. Maybe didn't get credit for 21? I know i didnt work enough every year to get credit for them all from CSPF.