Am i too old?

auburn2012

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been working for Budweiser for 10 yrs and i`m 51 yrs old, am i too old to start in the foodservice business.
I feel great and could work another 10 to 15 years in the beer business.

A 51yr old that's only done OTR or had sedentary jobs his whole life? Probably getting up there to start in this kind of work.

You're used to the grind. Totally different situation, should be ok.

No free beer, but we can buy it at wholesale price i buy a case of 16oz cans for $8.00.
I`m thinking abt LTL freight companies,however i`m concern about getting my 40 hrs every week. I know sometimes freight can be slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish it would slow a little I'm 56 and its hard on the body but I delivered grocerys foor 17yrs and this is a lot easyer.

No sorry I don't but go on line and I think you have to create a account and a password and fill out a app. Then they will notify you to setup a interveiw, we have had a ruff go of it but the co. is back on track and there a good co. to work for.

I received a phone interview today from Sysco Gulf Coast. I thought it went good, she said it would be abt 2 weeks before i would here from them again.
Meeting the Hiring Mgr will be the next procedure for a sit down interview.

Your to old to be peddling grocerys but what do I know good luck!!!
Why would you say that? The guy delivers beer, and he says he feels good, food is easier than beer or pop in my opinion, or at least from all the guys we have from Bud, Miller, and Pepsi. He could do delivery and bid into a shuttle job when he is ready, and let me tell you Brother jackman, food shuttle is 1000 X better than any freight line job, way better, I have done both, and I'm currently a shuttle driver.

I don't know if you know that Syscos is trying to bye US foods and they will probley dove tail in.

I don't know about the rest of the country, but that will not happen in OK, we have 2 locals here and they will not permit it. A supervisor from AR was here for the Subway roll out and he confirmed to one of our drivers that even over there where the whole state is non-union, they ain't dove tailing.

We need good men, and I think Auburn is one.

Idk if food shuttle is better then a freight linehaul. For one gotta work holidays. Well that's the main reason why it sucks lol. Just my opinion. I want my holidays off

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I had my interview today and I`m scheduled to do my road test next week, wish me luck!
After I pass my road test, what`s next?

Why would you say that? The guy delivers beer, and he says he feels good, food is easier than beer or pop in my opinion, or at least from all the guys we have from Bud, Miller, and Pepsi. He could do delivery and bid into a shuttle job when he is ready, and let me tell you Brother jackman, food shuttle is 1000 X better than any freight line job, way better, I have done both, and I'm currently a shuttle driver.

I don't know about the rest of the country, but that will not happen in OK, we have 2 locals here and they will not permit it. A supervisor from AR was here for the Subway roll out and he confirmed to one of our drivers that even over there where the whole state is non-union, they ain't dove tailing.

We need good men, and I think Auburn is one.

I passed my road test this week, can anyone tell me what is the next procedure? Thanks & HAPPY EASTER!!