XPO | Amazon - What will their next move be?

6gUU9Eb.jpg

Just an observation here.

Within two hours of where I live Amazon has MAJOR operations in two airports. Over a dozen facilities , and easily over a BILLION dollars invested.

Those are good things I guess.

But as I visited friends and family on Labor day I noticed the Amazon delivery vans running around with drivers working their tail off.

I wonder if that will be a good thing when all is said and done?

o add

Within two hours of where I live Amazon has MAJOR operations in two airports. Over a dozen facilities , and easily over a BILLION dollars invested.

But as I visited friends and family on Labor day I noticed the Amazon delivery vans running around with drivers working their tail off.

Just to add to your comment,Amazon is building 2 big distribution centers in ohio 1 in Toledo area and 1 in Akron area, I saw a bunch of the prime trls running on the pike Labor day also

The USPS delivers Sunday and holidays around here. My question is “did you really need that (fill in the blank) today? Yeah it’s convenient, but better planning would normally fix the need for a Sunday or holiday delivery IMO. Of course the post office could say no to Amazon...

o add

Just to add to your comment,Amazon is building 2 big distribution centers in ohio 1 in Toledo area and 1 in Akron area, I saw a bunch of the prime trls running on the pike Labor day also
You all need to look back. This is the same type of stuff CCX,CWE,CSE were doing back in the day. This is how there start and have grown. I sure there were many CF drivers laughing at all the crazy work CCX did back then and thought it was crazy. Some post that the CF union rep told them not to worry at those CCX guys they haul the cheep less then 500mile frieght we haul ahul the 700-1000mile freight.

Next question will Amazon surpass Walmart at the largest private carrier?
Historically , Amazon doesn't want employees that it can't control and watch on a deep level.

Amazon is technology company. So a tractor trailer driver directly employed by Amazon would be HIGHLY monitored in my opinion ( body cameras , multiple in cab cameras that transmit in real time , and GPS systems on the driver , trailer , tractor , and handheld )

I'm guessing no O/T after 8 or 40 with average pay and benefits. I hope I'm wrong though.

Historically , Amazon doesn't want employees that it can't control and watch on a deep level.

Amazon is technology company. So a tractor trailer driver directly employed by Amazon would be HIGHLY monitored in my opinion ( body cameras , multiple in cab cameras that transmit in real time , and GPS systems on the driver , trailer , tractor , and handheld )

I'm guessing no O/T after 8 or 40 with average pay and benefits. I hope I'm wrong though.
That's what all the companies are going towards. It's just Amazon is way ahead of the game. The days of an LTL driver hiding is some parking lot sleeping or reading the newspaper, that what we did before the smartphone and internet, are long gone. Now instead of your boss wasting gas and trying to find you a few clicks and there you are and for how long. It sad though back in the day I known some driver that had some great hiding spots.

Walmart runs add on XM radio all the time talking about $80 + your first year. We had a guy leave and say he loves it working there
Why would I want to leave XPO for a $20,000 pay cut? Lol. Screw Walmart. Sleeping in a tractor away from my wife. On the road for days at a time. Go ahead and have fun with the retail giant, I will stay right here with XPO. Life is good.

Why would I want to leave XPO for a $20,000 pay cut? Lol. Screw Walmart. Sleeping in a tractor away from my wife. On the road for days at a time. Go ahead and have fun with the retail giant, I will stay right here with XPO. Life is good.
You need to go back and read post #10 thru #14. I was just saying that they are putting ads on XM radio for driving jobs and if you read what I posted on post #14 Its all what you want to do live on the road or at home we all make our chooses
About 3yrs back we had a guy quit here and go work for them he stop by about 8 months after he left and says he loves it. It all what you want to do.
Also for a new driver it is not a pay cut to them. In fact 80k per year if you are young and want to make money is a pay raise.

Amazon may start employing truck drivers directly

Amazon is rolling out a fleet of branded truck tractors in its latest move to become a full-fledged logistics company, Business Insider has learned. Volvo and Kenworth are manufacturing the tractors.

ymaQMYC.jpg

From-
Business Insider.com
They just opened a yard up in Hazleton Pa. on route 924 About a mile or two from their DC....the yard is filled with those blue tractor’s and they are using rented vans/small straight trucks to deliver packages....