XPO | Amazon - What will their next move be?

377pJ5D.jpg

Here’s their next move....

More competition equals more options for drivers , right?
I believe in order to lure in drivers with experience they will have to have a pretty good pay and benefit package. Like I posted before I would sit down and see what they have to offer. Anyone that wouldn't just hear what they are offering is a fool.
No one here would work in a Walmart store, but there driver start out making 85K the first year, per the last ad I hear on XM.
Ever job has it's up and downs and with Walmart it spending night out, but these are daycabs....It should make you a little curious what they will offer new drivers????

I believe in order to lure in drivers with experience they will have to have a pretty good pay and benefit package. Like I posted before I would sit down and see what they have to offer. Anyone that wouldn't just hear what they are offering is a fool.
No one here would work in a Walmart store, but there driver start out making 85K the first year, per the last ad I hear on XM.
Ever job has it's up and downs and with Walmart it spending night out, but these are daycabs....It should make you a little curious what they will offer new drivers????
Like Xpo ? That working like a charm ... other than recruiting guys who use to be greeters at Walmart to the driving school where’s the line?
Until the day that people start realizing Ltl compensation has fall to the gutter over the years and do something about it there will be a driver shortage.

Last edited:
Like Xpo ? That working like a charm ... other than recruiting guys who use to be greeters at Walmart to the driving school where’s the line?
Until the day that people start realizing Ltl compensation has fall to the gutter over the years and do something about it there will be a driver shortage.
Other than UPS package what other driving jobs pay better than ltl?

Other than UPS package what other driving jobs pay better than ltl?
And why is it Ltl drivers fell behind packages so far over the years ? Don’t give me that Ups makes more money in package . Ltl could have had the same if it weren’t for the deregulation and decline of unions . Who needs a class A endorsement, hazmat and so on ? Total bullshit that ant trailer driver should make less for any company.
This is why Ltl companies fight unionization sooo hard.
The symptoms are there so is the diagnosis.

The cure is in the drivers hands .

And why is it Ltl drivers fell behind packages so far over the years ? Don’t give me that Ups makes more money in package . Ltl could have had the same if it weren’t for the deregulation and decline of unions . Who needs a class A endorsement, hazmat and so on ? Total :horseshit: that ant trailer driver should make less for any company.

I'm pretty happy with my pay, I've had way harder driving jobs and made way less

And why is it Ltl drivers fell behind packages so far over the years ? Don’t give me that Ups makes more money in package . Ltl could have had the same if it weren’t for the deregulation and decline of unions . Who needs a class A endorsement, hazmat and so on ? Total :horseshit: that ant trailer driver should make less for any company.

Well please tell everyone how long you have work here. When did you push the union thing at your barn what was it 4 or 5 years ago. You sit there and say we need a union here but yet you have worked here for years without one. You talk about how you didn't need a union back in the days, but in reality you need it back then so why didn't you push it back in the day. CCX and Con-way were screwing you for years but now you are blaming XPO for everything you lost. Also who voted for and signed the deregulation of the trucking industry?????

Last edited:
Well please tell everyone how long you have work here. When did you push the union thing at your barn what was it 4 or 5 years ago. You sit there and say we need a union here but yet you have worked here for years without one. You talk about how you didn't need a union back in the days, but in reality you need it back then so why didn't you push it back in the day. CCX and Con-way were screwing you for years but now you are blaming XPO for everything you lost. Also who voted for and signed the deregulation of the trucking industry?????
Personally , I cannot speak for anyone else Fly , so instead of trying to ask what makes things so bad , I'm asking what makes the situation so good where you are?

If a person mentions bad tractors for example , you say that you have great tractors. You usually offer pushback when some notice the difference between the job now versus with Con-way. Healthcare. Cost cutting measures ( dockworkers , facility and equipment maintenance , uniforms , sub-service , employee recognition , overseas billing , no promotion of quality employees , loosing quality employees and customers , poor communication , etc....)

These are just a few of the issues that have taken a backwards step since XPO has taken control. These are the tip of the iceberg. I hope you and your family stay in good health because Matrix is the worst. Between messing up pay and having to get approval for each day of FMLA off for an unpredictable situation through a third party to not being able to get ahold of someone at Matrix , you could literally loose everything.

I'm guessing if you don't have to deal with it , it's not a problem so , I'll ask again , what makes your location and/or situation so nice?

Personally , I cannot speak for anyone else Fly , so instead of trying to ask what makes things so bad , I'm asking what makes the situation so good where you are?

If a person mentions bad tractors for example , you say that you have great tractors. You usually offer pushback when some notice the difference between the job now versus with Con-way. Healthcare. Cost cutting measures ( dockworkers , facility and equipment maintenance , uniforms , sub-service , employee recognition , overseas billing , no promotion of quality employees , loosing quality employees and customers , poor communication , etc....)

These are just a few of the issues that have taken a backwards step since XPO has taken control. These are the tip of the iceberg. I hope you and your family stay in good health because Matrix is the worst. Between messing up pay and having to get approval for each day of FMLA off for an unpredictable situation through a third party to not being able to get ahold of someone at Matrix , you could literally loose everything.

I'm guessing if you don't have to deal with it , it's not a problem so , I'll ask again , what makes your location and/or situation so nice?
I’m glad to see that I am not the only one who thinks fly has the best of everything....

What you have here are some that have worked here sooooo long they don't know what it is like out in the real world.
You mean in the real world where things have deteriorated for all workers . Yes , I’m quite aware of the plight for workers. No , it’s not ok for drivers compensation to deteriorate because other profession have. I know what I’m worth and I refuse to settle for less.
Because you have settled for what you get, respectfully I does not mean I’m wrong for not.

Last edited:
Worked much longer than you.
We organized just under 3 yrs ago not 4 or 5.
We did not need a union for the most part back when I worked for CCX we had a Pension and a 401k, good fully paid for health care , sick days , vacation we received at the beginning of the year, safety bonus an excellent bonus ect.
I’m not blaming Xpo for everything but they continue the bleeding.
I don’t care if a Republican or Democrats signed trucking deregulation... it was bad for drivers in the long run.

Wally world for years has had a 7days on 7days off policy for drivers running out of there DC's. I know 3 drivers out of Seymour, IN who have worked it for years. Not for everyone, but 7 days of hard work followed by 7 off? Where do I sign? von.

Wally world for years has had a 7days on 7days off policy for drivers running out of there DC's. I know 3 drivers out of Seymour, IN who have worked it for years. Not for everyone, but 7 days of hard work followed by 7 off? Where do I sign? von.
So what is a hard days work driving for wally world. A set of landing gear that's hard to crank??
Kinda of curious what they make a year?? With the 7 on, 7 off, that means they work only 182 day per year. Were we work 252 days. Yes that job might not be for everyone but for some it might be the right fit. Here in the east I seen wally world daycabs running around so I think it were the DC is located dictates your work schedule is.

I'm asking what makes the situation so good where you are?
With the exception of UPSF that hasn't hired in the last 5years or so. We are the highest paid. The benefits are the same or better then the other companies in my area. That's get me home every day.

Healthcare. Cost cutting measures ( dockworkers , facility and equipment maintenance , uniforms , sub-service , employee recognition , overseas billing , no promotion of quality employees , loosing quality employees and customers , poor communication , etc....)
Most of these were in place when XPO took over.
I never heard of the "Matrix" as for paychecks being mess up I had a few, but ever since we went to the LH app it's been 100% on the money
I think my TM is doing his best with what he is given he has a boss too. Right now I like were I work and when it no longer suit me I will leave. The door swing both ways. We had drivers leave some say they made the right choice and another not so much. I sat in the break room and heard all the stories of long ago, but you must remember long ago you offered a service not many did and could charge a premium rate for. Now I can call almost call any other LTL and get the same service. Also back then Detter know what it took to keep the union out, remember he started at CF and worked his way up in the ranks. He saw what was killing that company and went out and did what others weren't. Today is not so much about service and more about price. I can say that if Con-way kept everything in place as they were back in the day the company would not be here and we would be working for someone else.
You usually offer pushback when some notice the difference between the job now versus with Con-way
You call it pushback. I call it different points of views. Some think it was great and others, like me, look at it differently and look past the stuff they were giving you "the forest through the trees".
I know some on here don't like my opinions, but they are my opinions. Here's one Why didn't you, or anyone else buy Con-way??? It's a free country and you had every right to make an offer, because it sure seems like so many on here know how to better run this company then what running it now.

What the hell is it????
Matrix is the third party XPO uses for disability, FMLA, and worker’s compensation. Not easy or fun to deal with. Some say a nightmare. They don’t want to pay for anything and they go back and forth with the company (XPO) on who’s fault it (whatever “it”is) is. I’m currently out on STD and called People Services (another third party) today to find out when I might get paid for the last two weeks.. they gave me a case number and said someone will call me back. At least that’s what I think she said. It’s bad enough trying to pay bills on 60%of your base pay. Add in the waiting and wondering. You get the point. I’m glad I have some savings.

Matrix is the third party XPO uses for disability, FMLA, and worker’s compensation. Not easy or fun to deal with. Some say a nightmare. They don’t want to pay for anything and they go back and forth with the company (XPO) on who’s fault it (whatever “it”is) is. I’m currently out on STD and called People Services (another third party) today to find out when I might get paid for the last two weeks.. they gave me a case number and said someone will call me back. At least that’s what I think she said. It’s bad enough trying to pay bills on 60%of your base pay. Add in the waiting and wondering. You get the point. I’m glad I have some savings.
They are a go between for Xpo. The market their services to Xpo as the ability to save them big money. There methods include drawing out process and wearing down people who have claims amongst others tactics. They are paid based on savings to Xpo.

My advice for anyone that has to deal with Matrix is to be diligent and prepared , keep records of everything, calls date and time and who you spoke to.
I know this advice is not needed for most of us but there is a good number of people who will give up in the long drawn out process and will be denied care due them.

Last edited: