ABF | Amazon

Please don't give them any ideas. ABF would require their city drivers to be licensed plumbers as well as maintaining their class-A CDL with HazMat, Doubles/Triples, and Tanker endorsements.
Tell ya what…we weren’t too damn far from that scenario back in 2014, ‘15, ‘16. We were doing treadmills, ellipticals, yoga tables, exam tables, weight machines, medical light booths (for people with skin conditions), swimming pools, Chubby Checker, Psycho, Belgians in The Congo.

Tell ya what…we weren’t too damn far from that scenario back in 2014, ‘15, ‘16. We were doing treadmills, ellipticals, yoga tables, exam tables, weight machines, medical light booths (for people with skin conditions), swimming pools, Chubby Checker, Psycho, Belgians in The Congo.
Swimming pools. Check. Walk-in freezers. Check. Ridiculous LTL freight. Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. Check. Check.

I always said.....Road guys get paid difference depending on what they're pulling. I think City guys should get paid more when having to do white glove deliveries.
We ‘fought’ for that in the 2013-18 CBA, but had a deaf ear. Our position was simple: ABF Freight raked it in on residential deliveries as it is, while the poor soul who had to deliver the garbage freight that it is, not to mention…challenging…delivery environments in those areas, should be paid a premium for such deliveries. And the premium should…progress…as the level of service increased, i.e., inside delivery, room of choice, assembly, dunnage removal, up to and including white glove. Double that premium for 2-man deliveries (do those still exist??). Can’t tell you how many times I was sent out on a ‘2-dork delivery’, only to be the only ‘dork’ making the delivery. Being that hiring additional personnel is like Kryptonite to ABF. My opinion was, that the additional premium that residential customers pay should go right into the drivers’ pocket.

We ‘fought’ for that in the 2013-18 CBA, but had a deaf ear. Our position was simple: ABF Freight raked it in on residential deliveries as it is, while the poor soul who had to deliver the garbage freight that it is, not to mention…challenging…delivery environments in those areas, should be paid a premium for such deliveries. And the premium should…progress…as the level of service increased, i.e., inside delivery, room of choice, assembly, dunnage removal, up to and including white glove. Double that premium for 2-man deliveries (do those still exist??). Can’t tell you how many times I was sent out on a ‘2-dork delivery’, only to be the only ‘dork’ making the delivery. Being that hiring additional personnel is like Kryptonite to ABF. My opinion was, that the additional premium that residential customers pay should go right into the drivers’ pocket.
What pisses me off is the local guys bitch about doing those deliveries then file when they farm those same deliveries out.

What pisses me off is the local guys bitch about doing those deliveries then file when they farm those same deliveries out.
I have not seen a two man delivery or a turn key in a long time, maybe the fort took that off us like u pack & timekeeper....

We understood it was part of the job. Our issue was at that point in time, we were getting crushed with those types of deliveries and no effort was made by ABF to either add additional personnel OR additional equipment, and both were desperately needed. It’s no secret that upper-management is terribly out of touch with the processes involved in what it takes to get those deliveries completed. We’re ‘on the ground’ and they’re at 35,000 feet. We were ‘bone-thin’ on drivers, so if one guy was on vacation, or called off, it reduced our workforce significantly. Over a few years, they added a driver, another liftgate trailer, and some different-sized pallet jacks (narrow- and long-fork), to help us out. Perhaps they did ‘hear’ us when, in the negotiation process for the 2013-2018 CBA, we brought up the pay-premium issue, but it took them a very long time to react. Typical though…always in REact mode instead of being PROactive.

Do drivers put stuff together & install it if the consignee pays for it? Glad I'm retired I wouldn't make it under this stupidity.
We have in the past, but I haven't done that in 3 years or more....putting together a shelving unit one time...customer says you must do this a lot...I reply nope first time I have ever seen one of these...lol...I'm sure I invoked a lot of confidence there....

We have in the past, but I haven't done that in 3 years or more....putting together a shelving unit one time...customer says you must do this a lot...I reply nope first time I have ever seen one of these...lol...I'm sure I invoked a lot of confidence there....
Ok I gotta ask was she hot or did they pay for that? Consignee can pay for services like on A La Carte basis? As for tools used I won't go there, none of my business.

Last edited: