FedEx Freight | Another blowout

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
1/2 mile from the last blowout but going in the opposite direction

This morning I was doing my pre-trip and noticed a tire that looked like the ocean, upon closer examination there was no way this tire would pass an inspection so I proceed to the shop and ask them to replace it, they replace it with a used tire with close to the same tread depth as they usually do...

The tire they replaced it with is the tire that blew out :hissy:

Now to add insult to injury, after I placed my triangles out, I was on the phone with Central, when MR Trooper comes walking beside the truck and asks me why I didn't get that gater off the road a good 1/4 mile back and I told him I am not walking in the line of traffic on I-77 to get a gater and asked him what did he want me to do get killed? He replied ... Well do you want me to get killed? I said, why no, but you have blue lights on your car and I don't have any on my butt, I told him he could stop traffic, I couldn't.

Why do they always have to be smart asses?

04d8bee5.jpg

[quote author=Groceryhauler link=topic=79609.msg824982#msg824982 date=1272333056]
Wow it blew out your tail light too!
[/quote]

yup and before someone says I am to close to traffic, I am on the right side of a get on ramp

[quote author=FourDigitViking link=topic=79609.msg824987#msg824987 date=1272333647]
What's wrong with the tail light? Looks about normal for those older p trailers.
[/quote]

its a hole, no light there

Yep, just about as functional as about 50% of the P trailers over a few years old. Our junk is better. Blah blah. :poke:

[quote author=Waffleman link=topic=79609.msg824991#msg824991 date=1272333997]
At least you aren't filling in for gene or kevin tonight, that would not be ok
[/quote]

yup, it sucks when freight gets to a hub late.... but it happens and I have been one of those waiting til 430 or 5 at that terminal on a Saturday morning waiting on some guy from up north who had to hit 4 terminals on the way down.

[quote author=Waffleman link=topic=79609.msg824997#msg824997 date=1272334574]
I was still 45 minutes early that night....gee whiz
[/quote]

I was there one night when a guy had to via before he got there, went to the via term, dropped his set, then looked at the wrong dispatch sheet, hooked back up to the same set he just dropped and came on in to the hub with him..... I felt so sorry for that guy

I have joined your club Jeff..... I left the hub a little early this morning (Sat) so I could go take care of my sick Mom,,,, (ya really) ,,,,, and blew I drive tire that had Maybe 1000 miles on it..... We had another drive tire blow out a couple weeks ago on another road truck that had about 400 miles on it...... Guess they are saving a bunch of money on Junk tires,,,, huh ???? (recaps)

Mine I figure was internal,,, I felt it rumble,,, pulled over,,,, looked them all over with a flash light,,, trailers and all,,,, pulled back out,,,, it was nice and smooth,,, 2 miles later KaBlewey.... Man you never get used to an explosion right behind the cab at 4am..... (even after several years around artillery ) .... :rant: :hissy:

[quote author=365Volare link=topic=79609.msg828015#msg828015 date=1273319326]
I have joined your club Jeff..... I left the hub a little early this morning (Sat) so I could go take care of my sick Mom,,,, (ya really) ,,,,, and blew I drive tire that had Maybe 1000 miles on it..... We had another drive tire blow out a couple weeks ago on another road truck that had about 400 miles on it...... Guess they are saving a bunch of money on Junk tires,,,, huh ???? (recaps)

Mine I figure was internal,,, I felt it rumble,,, pulled over,,,, looked them all over with a flash light,,, trailers and all,,,, pulled back out,,,, it was nice and smooth,,, 2 miles later KaBlewey.... Man you never get used to an explosion right behind the cab at 4am..... (even after several years around artillery ) .... :rant: :hissy:
[/quote]

When my drive tire gave away about 100ft from the end of the tunnel coming into va from wva, it startled me good.... first because it was extremely loud in a tunnel and second, you don't know at first which one it is and being so close to the wall in the tunnel, you are praying it wasn't a steer tire....

when I cam out of that tunnel, I was stretching my legs looking at the wonderful mountains of Bluefield Va in a very safe place and a VDOT guy pulls up, asks me if I have help and we begin to talk a min... this old dude has a beard about to his belly button and was grinning, I asked him whats up and he said, you see that window up there on the tunnel? I said yea, he said well thats an office and when your tire blew out that guy said he bout ::shit:: his pants up there. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=79609.msg828017#msg828017 date=1273319978]

[/quote]

When my drive tire gave away about 100ft from the end of the tunnel coming into va from wva, it startled me good.... first because it was extremely loud in a tunnel and second, you don't know at first which one it is and being so close to the wall in the tunnel, you are praying it wasn't a steer tire....

when I cam out of that tunnel, I was stretching my legs looking at the wonderful mountains of Bluefield Va in a very safe place and a VDOT guy pulls up, asks me if I have help and we begin to talk a min... this old dude has a beard about to his belly button and was grinning, I asked him whats up and he said, you see that window up there on the tunnel? I said yea, he said well thats an office and when your tire blew out that guy said he bout ::shit:: his pants up there. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:[/quote]

Now that's funny!!

Hell, my Xvan blew a tire just as i was entering the the inspection station for a military base...NOT good. Boy they are jumpy! :hyper:

[quote author=Jeff link=topic=79609.msg828017#msg828017 date=1273319978]

[/quote]

when I cam out of that tunnel, I was stretching my legs looking at the wonderful mountains of Bluefield Va in a very safe place and a VDOT guy pulls up, asks me if I have help and we begin to talk a min... this old dude has a beard about to his belly button and was grinning, I asked him whats up and he said, you see that window up there on the tunnel? I said yea, he said well thats an office and when your tire blew out that guy said he bout ::shit:: his pants up there. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
[/quote]

Wow,,,,, I can imagine that sound in a tunnel !!!!!! We only have one tunnel around here,,,,, no windows,,,, only camera's......
As I was limping in with 4 ways at a blistering 20 mph,,,, I had 2 counties cruise by me,,,, I actually had a Tyson driver ask me if I was going to make it to my yard,,,,, (they usually don't talk to us even when we're on 19 ..... Thankyou MR Tyson driver !!!!!
Just goes to show there are Good guys out there no matter what color your truck is !!!

[quote author=vorgon303 link=topic=79609.msg828140#msg828140 date=1273357632]
Hell, my Xvan blew a tire just as i was entering the the inspection station for a military base...NOT good. Boy they are jumpy! :hyper:
[/quote]

In a way,,,,,,,,,,,, That would be funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spice up their boring day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily I know the security officer quite well. He had the right not to let me on the base but he looked the other way so I could make my last pickup at 1745. I just had 8 new caps put on last April?? WTF? :hyper: